Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Grandfathered in w/ old datafeed/broker: Will OCO orders work if internet crashes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandfathered in w/ old datafeed/broker: Will OCO orders work if internet crashes?

Background info:

The internet at my office has been crashing frequently in recent months. I have not traded live with Ninjatrader in at least a couple of years and before going live again I want to confirm that OCO orders will work and remain active if the internet crashes at my office.

My broker is Rosenthal Collins Group, with whom I remained after the Mirus acquisition, as NT allowed me to be grandfathered in and keep my cash with them. My data should still be coming from Continuum, unless something has changed without my knowledge.

I'm running NT version 7.0.1000.31.

My question:

Given the above, I plan to enter orders from the Static SuperDOM with a custom ATM strategy (the stop loss and profit targets of which I occasionally manually modify in the Static SuperDOM while in the trade), and I'm wondering if, in my particular scenario using RCG/Continuum, those OCO Stop Loss and Profit Target bracket orders remain live on the server (and not just my computer), so that I won't have to worry about anything if my office's internet crashes for an extended period of time? If the internet crashes after my OCO stop and profit target orders appear in the SuperDOM, will those OCO orders still be live? I want the peace of mind to know that I can set it and forget it, as they say.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, OCO orders via Continuum will continue to be live.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rexsole, Today, 08:39 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post bltdavid  
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes