hard drive bad reinstall ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard drive bad reinstall ninja

hi, Ok, doing the backup now. but it is sure taking a while. 8 minutes and sitting on half way done. says archiving tick chart data.

but this wont install the extra indicators into the new Ninja 7 will it ?
    I will have to do those in addition to ?
    Last edited by lightfoot500; 11-20-2016, 08:11 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

The following instructions will explain how to backup your NinjaTrader 7 files to a second computer. Please note that the following list are the items you can chose to include or exclude from your backup (Configuration files, Database, Historical Chart Data, Log and Trace files, Market Replay Data, NinjaScript Files, Templates, Workspaces). Many users exclude the historical chart data, log and trace files, and Market Replay data to reduce the file size.

1. Open NinjaTrader 7 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    2. Go to File > Utilities > Backup...
    3. Select which files you would like to backup and click 'Run Backup'
    4. Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found Under Documents\NinjaTrader Backup
    5. Open NinjaTrader 7 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    6. Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find).
    7. Go to File > Utilities > Restore...
    8. Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it

I have also attached the Help Guide section and YouTube tutorial regarding backup and restore below.

Help Guide - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...p__restore.htm

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCp9ebpV1M

No end date for support of NinjaTrader 7 has been scheduled. This will be dynamic based on client usage and connection technology API support. For comparison, NinjaTrader 6.5 was supported for an additional 5 years following the release of NinjaTrader 7.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_DrewO; 11-20-2016, 03:52 PM. Reason: addressed second question
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

;I have the old and failing hard drive in the second bay on my laptop so i could transfer over all the folders to the new hard drive. so it will be hard for me to 'backup' using the old Ninja install because i cant start it. i will try booting the old hard drive, not sure how, maybe a bios setting, and i will be able to boot. if that doesnt work. what is the next best suggestion to transfer over as much data like old trade executions i took, not to mention the other indies.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Historical trade information would be located in the Database. This file is named "NinjaTrader" or "NinjaTrader.sdf" and will be located under Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db.

Indicators are stored under Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom -> Indicator. However, if the old hard drive has the original .zip files for these custom assemblies, you could import them in the new installation of NinjaTrader under File -> Utilities -> Import.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes