Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing Index Symbols

Hello,

I have been going back and forth with a few different people in my attempt to be able to access a couple of specific index symbols within Ninjatrader.

I discovered they require a Kinetic subscription. I was given the following link to get Kinetic data for the JVNT.Z and IRNT.Z index symbols:

On that page I need to select the exchanges that I need. I have no idea what I need to subscribe to in order to be able to access the 'Up vs Down Volume' symbol (JVNT.Z) and the 'Advance/Decline Line' symbol (IRNT.Z).

I only need access to index symbols.

Please advise on that (which exchange or exchanges I need to subscribe to).

Thanks,

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thank you for the post.

These symbols are included with the Basic Subscription for $55/month.

You can view a list of all 500 Market Metrics included with the Basic Subscription at the link below:
    http://kinetick.com/Market-Metrics

If you have additional questions you can contact Kinetick directly at Support[at]Kinetick.com

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks so much Thomas,

Your help is very much appreciated.

I have one more thing I need clarified, if possible. In regards to using Kinetic data and Ninjatrader Continuum data together, I was told the following:

Connect to Kinetick first then to your broker. This setup will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, and still allow you to execute trades to your broker.

Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.

I did that (connected to my broker first, then to Kinetic) while I was trying to access those index symbols and tonight when I logged into Ninjatrader to mark off Friday's highs and lows for the day on my charts, I didn't have several day's data. Not only that, but the charts looked very different than they do now, after I disabled Kinetic and re-enabled Historical Data. With Kinetic enabled and Historical Data disabled, there was a huge gap on most of my charts, now there are none.

So my question is, is it possible to connect to my broker first and then to Kinetic and to leave Historical Data enabled? Are there any downsides in doing that?

Comment

For example, attached are two screenshots. One of them is for the GC overnight session on Thursday, there was a huge gap down and I took a long trade in the overnight.

I had Ninjatrader Continuum as my main data feed and Kinetic as my backup data feed. And Historical Data for Ninjatrader Continuum was turned off.

Tonight I removed Kinetic as my backup data feed and re-enabled Historical Data for Ninjatrader Continuum. After reloading the Historical Data, the huge gap has disappeared.

Screenshots attached,
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thank you for your post,

You can leave the historical data enabled, it's the connection order that determines what data feed will be used, the second data feed is only used if the data request on the first connection fails on the instrument class. See the below link from our help guide for more information.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onnections.htm

As a note, this is an item that was improved in NinjaTrader 8; it's possible to have real-time or historical data come from either connection using Preferred Connection settings. See below for more.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onnections.htm
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Real Time Kenetic Data for Index Symbols

Thanks for the info Eric, I appreciate it.

I want to be able to get real time data for the Index Symbols from Kinetic.

When I choose the basic package on the Kinetic site, without choosing any exchange, it tells me:

"You have not selected an exchange(s). If you continue, all streaming market data will be delayed by ten minutes excluding market metrics which will be real time."

I see that there is the 'NYSE MKT Level 1', the 'NYSE Level 1' and the 'NYSE Global Indexes'.

Would choosing one or more of those exchanges enable me to get real time data for the Up vs Down Volume symbol: JVNT.Z and the Advance/Decline Line symbol: IRNT.Z?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thank you for your post,

I'm not too familiar with the Kinetick data packages myself. I suggest contacting them at PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader.com, they will be able to address these questions.
              Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes