Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Error Messages after Adding Kinetic Data Feed

Hello,

I recently subscribed to a Kinetic basic data feed and when I launched Ninjatrader, I got about 20 error messages one after the other. They basically went like this:

Error on loading chart data for 'TF 12-16 Nybot': Error on loading historical data (20013)

Screenshots attached.

I saw that from left to right at the bottom of Ninjatrader, Kinetic was on the far left (indicating it was the primary data feed?) and Ninjatrader Continuum was on the far right.

There were also huge gaps on a few different markets on my charts and my daily chart had one price bar.

Then I disconnected from Kinetic and then reconnected to it (to make it second in line) and reloaded the historical data and the huge gaps disappeared and the daily chart now looks normal.

But will Ninjatrader load with Kinetic first as the primary data feed every time and will I get all those error messages each time I start Ninjatrader?

I have a screenshot of my log attached; there were many error messages there.

Let me know if you also need my log and trace files.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

These errors would indicate the connection may not be enabled for the data. As a test, please disconnect from your data provider, reset your instrument, and then restart NinjaTrader. To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

1. Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
    2. Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
    3. Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

Please note that these changes will not take effect until NinjaTrader has been restarted.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Drew,

Thanks for your reply and for the instructions.

I followed the steps, but I still get the same error messages. And CL will not display the chart.

[Update: I just tried disconnecting from Kinetic and then the CL did display the chart without problems]

The Kinetic Index Symbols do display when Kinetic is connected. Screenshot attached.

Kinetic is still the data feed connection that loads first in Ninjatrader. Is there a way to have it load second, and if so, should I try that as a possible fix?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by i2w8am9ii2; 11-22-2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I just changed my Account settings so that only Ninjatrader Continuum connects automatically and then I need to manually connect to Kinetic.

When I did that I no longer get the error messages on start up. But I cannot connect to the Kinetic Index Symbols that way.

Screenshots attached.

Any advice, ideas or input?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

To receive futures data from Continuum and index data from Kinetick you will need to disable index data on the Continuum connection.

You can do this by going to Tools > Account Connections, selecting the connection and clicking Change. Then in the connection wizard clicking Next, unchecking the box 'Include index data' and clicking Next > Next > Finish.

You will then want to connect to Continuum first then Kinetick.
          Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher,

That did the trick. I don't get any more error messages and the Index Symbols load fine also.

I appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            1 response
            0 likes