How to transer N7 to another computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to transer N7 to another computer?

The computer I have now is starting to act weird so I want to transfer to a new computer. I want to use Ninja 7 and I have an AMP account. How do I go about doing this? Thanks.

Okay, I am getting the feeling this is not possible. :-(

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your note.

The following instructions will explain how to backup your NinjaTrader 7 files to a second computer. Please note that the following list are the items you can choose to include or exclude from your backup (Configuration files, Database, Historical Chart Data, Log and Trace files, Market Replay Data, NinjaScript Files, Templates, Workspaces). Many users exclude the historical chart data, log and trace files, and Market Replay data to reduce the file size.

Open NinjaTrader 7 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.

Go to File > Utilities > Backup...

Select which files you would like to backup and click 'Run Backup'

Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found Under Documents\NinjaTrader Backup
      Open NinjaTrader 7 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.

Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find).

Go to File > Utilities > Restore...

Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it
      I have also attached the Help Guide section and YouTube tutorial regarding backup and restore below.

Help Guide - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...p__restore.htm

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCp9ebpV1M

Thank you and please let us know if any further questions come up.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the quick reply. On more question. It sounds like you have to have Ninja 7 already installed on the new computer. How do I go about doing this?

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for the reply.

You can download NinjaTrader 7 on your second PC from the link below:
          http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Thank you and please let us know if any further questions come up.

Comment

Hi

When I put in my lic key to download NT I get "We're sorry, your license code appears to be invalid. Please try again". I am manually putting in the code because that is all I can do since my hard drive failed. In my lic key I was not too sure if the zeros were zeros or if some of them were "ohs". So what do I do now?

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for the reply.

Please write a note to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN: CHRIS S" in the subject line and I will be happy to assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
                Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for the reply.

Please write a note to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN: CHRIS S" in the subject line and I will be happy to assist further.
                Yes, I did last night and they gave me my license key number. Jason helped.

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for the reply.

Great to hear that Jason assisted with your inquiry.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again if any further questions come up.

Comment

Okay, just one more problem. When I start up NT it starts in demo mode. I can connect to Amp and get quotes but I can not access live trading.

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for the reply.

To be able to select your live account please ensure the following.

You must have a live license key and it must be entered under Help> License Key. (If you are unsure if your license key is live or these steps do not resolve this, please send me your license key)
                      Next connect to your broker by going to File> Connect and select your broker account.
                      Last ensure Global Simulation Mode is not checked under the Control Center> File.
                      Now you should be able to select your live account in any account drop down menu.

Below I have provided a link to the Global Simulation Mode section of our help guide.

Thank you and please let us know if we may provide further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
                        Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for the reply.

To be able to select your live account please ensure the following.

You must have a live license key and it must be entered under Help> License Key. (If you are unsure if your license key is live or these steps do not resolve this, please send me your license key)
                        Next connect to your broker by going to File> Connect and select your broker account.
                        Last ensure Global Simulation Mode is not checked under the Control Center> File.
                        Now you should be able to select your live account in any account drop down menu.

Below I have provided a link to the Global Simulation Mode section of our help guide.

Thank you and please let us know if we may provide further assistance.
                        I can not uncheck Global Simulation Mode.

Comment

My key does say simulation mode.

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Okay, everything is in order now. It's been a long time since I've had to do this. Thanks very much for the support. :-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse