Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will Ninjatrader 7 be working?

Hello,

I have a lot of code developed with Ninjatrader 7 and I am very satisfied with this version.

I'm thinking about continue with Ninjatrader 7 but I have a important doubt: How long will Ninjatrader 7 be working in the future? Will NT7 and NT8 work in the future simultaneously?

Thanks and regards.

I have this question too about how long Ninjatrader will be supporting version 7. I have invested a great deal of money in indicators that do not work in version 8 and some of these vendors (such as TAS market profile) will not be supporting version 8 at all and other vendors will be charging a substantial fee for the update. This is a huge problem that must be impacting many Ninja customers. Anyone else feeling this way?

Comment

I am also very happy with Ninjatrader 7 and hope Ninja can keep it indefinitely. I don't want to be forced to use my other platform because I like Ninjatrader so much better, but if 7 goes away I will have no choice since my indicators do not work on 8. So frustrating..........

Comment

There are other official NT answered posts to these questions in the forums.

Basically, the answer is for years.

NT 6.5 died off when some additional info was needed by the exchange for futures? (Whether or not trade was human or strategy if my memory serves me correct). The fix want put in there. I'm guessing mostly everyone was in NT7 by that point.

I'm still using NT7 for live, but using NT8 for market replay analysis and testing (since I get results so much faster).

Comment

Thank you for your note.

How long will you continue to support NinjaTrader 7?

No end date for support of NinjaTrader 7 has been scheduled. This will be dynamic based on client usage and connection technology API support. For comparison, NinjaTrader 6.5 was supported for an additional 5 years following the release of NinjaTrader 7.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          Kenneth D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes