Oh No!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh No!

I'm getting this error message when I try to import a new script/indicator. I was going to remove the last two I added, to see if they were the trouble makers but I get the same message again. How do I fix this if I do not know what scripts are causing the problem and if I cannot remove them??
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.
    As the error states this message indicates that there are errors within existing scripts that are preventing others from being installed.

You will need to compile the current scripts and fix the errors in order to be able to import/remove other scripts.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

Open NinjaTrader
    From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by sisenberg View Post
      I'm getting this error message when I try to import a new script/indicator. I was going to remove the last two I added, to see if they were the trouble makers but I get the same message again. How do I fix this if I do not know what scripts are causing the problem and if I cannot remove them??
      Dear Sisenberg, Possible that you have copied 1 or more files directly to you Ninja, cross check at My documents/Ninjatrader/bin/custom/indicator If you find any foreign files added (like indicator) delete it or move to different folder for safer side if you require that file then try again opening you ninja script

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Christopher_R  
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      166 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sidlercom80