Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Alert window scroll bar.

Hi - I have a minor problem with the scroll bar on the alert window:

* window starts out blank/empty(expected).
    * starts filling up with alerts, top down listing, as I'd expect and want.
    * when the window finally fills up, new alerts continue to trickle in at the top.
    * problem is, the scroll bar automatically locates itself all the way down at the bottom of the window, so that only the earliest alerts show. New stuff is at the top, out of view in the window.

Interesting that if the window is partially full, I can manually shrink the window vertically, at which point the scroll bar comes into view, correctly placed at the top of the file, so that new alerts pop into the top of the window and are in view, which is the way it should work.

So, ideas on how to have this work correctly? Something I need to do, or a bug in the code?

Running NT7, 7.0.1000.31

Hello AMATX,

Thank you for your note.

After the scroll appears, if you scroll to the top of the alerts this cause the scroll to stick to the top and will continue showing the newest alerts.

This behavior has been changed in NinjaTrader 8. The scroll will no longer auto scroll to the bottom after it appears.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So, the scroll bar defaults to being located at the bottom?

I don't want to have to remember to do something manually.

Therefore, if I sort the alerts in the reverse order, by time, and the most recent alert is at the bottom of the window, will the most recent alert always be in view, at the bottom of the window?

Comment

Hello AMATX,

Yes, in NinjaTrader 7, when sorted by date descending (newest date on top), the scrollbar should stick to the top and always show the newest items.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello AMATX,

Yes, in NinjaTrader 7, when sorted by date descending (newest date on top), the scrollbar should stick to the top and always show the newest items.
          You didn't answer my latest question. What you have above is what I wanted(most recent at top), but since the scroll bar defaults to bottom of panel and therefore doesn't work correctly, I asked about sorting the alerts in the opposite order(most recent at bottom) and whether the scroll bar defaulting to bottom of panel would allow the most recent alerts to always show at the bottom of the alert panel, after filling up the alert window.

Would reverse sorting allow me to always see the latest alert at the bottom and not have to do anything manually?

Comment

Hello AMATX,

From my testing, I showing that if you sort the columns, the scroll bar will stick to the top. So while you can ensure that the newest items are in view without having to click anything, I guess the answer to your question is no, the scrollbar will not stick to the bottom if you change the sort.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes