Compile errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compile errors

Hi I am trying to install an indie using third party license. All went well until I came to install the indie and I had a message saying I could not install because of strategy errors see attachment. I went to NT7 and looked for the strategy folder but could not find it. Can you help please.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello Linda1507,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Comment

Patrick hi
      Thanks for the response. Please see the list of errors in the attachment. I do not use any of these indies so if it is easier to delete them then thats ok I just need the correct process. Also I shall look at the link you suggest

Thanks
      Linda
      Attached Files

Comment

Error while compiling

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello Linda1507,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        • Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
        • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
        • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
        • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
        Error while compiling,

When i click the error i get error message here at following link
        http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...us/?cs0234.htm And message as below

Authorization Required

Please choose from one of the links on this page to get back to the site or return to your previous page.

If you need help, visit our support page or email NinjaTrader Support.

Comment

Hello Linda1507,

Please send us a note at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread. We can schedule a time to look into this on your PC.

Comment

Thank you, mohammed Akram Sowcar.

I will report to Product Management.

Comment

Hi
              OK I tried all of the afore mentioned without success, NT would not allow me to change or delete the indies as they are all intrinsic to NT, not written by me. Therefore I uninstalled/re-installed NT and the compile errors are repaired. However now I cannot connect to my live account. NT will not permit me to uncheck the global simulation mode. To my knowledge I have the correct username/password and can connect to SIM101.

Regards
              Linda

Comment

Hello Linda1507,

Please send us a note at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread. We can schedule a time to look into this on your PC.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                  Thank you, mohammed Akram Sowcar.

I will report to Product Management.
                  Sir will i be updated once my issue is replied/resolved by the product manager

Comment

Originally posted by mohammed Akram Sowcar View Post
                    Sir will i be updated once my issue is replied/resolved by the product manager
                    The link was corrected: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...-us/cs0234.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                    19 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Radano
                    by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes