Total expenses operating FDAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total expenses operating FDAX

I'm developing a strategy on a demo account and would like to make it as close to reality as posible, meaning comissions, etc...
    I'll be operating FDAX and don't know yet wich broker to use (another thing in which I'm lost). I understand the thing works like this: I use a broker, and NT works as a plataform to operate and make things easier between the broker and I, correct? So at this point I would have to choose a License wich in my case will be Lease. Now, I wouldn't need anything else, right (appart from the broker)?

So we have:
    -600$ from Annual Lease
    -$.73 per contract. Wich means for every trade of 1 contract on the FDAX I'll be paying 0'73.

I'm missing anything?

Thanks in advance?

Every broker has different commission rates. I would recommend reaching out to your potential brokers and confirm what a round-trip or per-side per contract trade commission would be for the FDAX.

If you have questions about NinjaTrader Brokerage specifically, I would recommend reaching out to them via email directly:

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, or want to open an account, we're here to help. Click here to find the appropriate contact for your needs!

To configure commissions in NinjaTrader 7, go to Tools > Options > Commissions tab > Configure your commission based on your connection - asset class.

Here is a video guide:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here is the help guide section on commissions in NinjaTrader 7:

Once configured, go to Tools > Options > General tab > Enable 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' > OK.

Comment

Not trying to be rude. But you are not answering any of my questions. I came here after searching by myself, looking for some help. Seems like you don't care about your potential costumers...

Comment

I apologize - let me address your questions more directly -

I use a broker, and NT works as a plataform to operate and make things easier between the broker and I, correct?

Yes, NinjaTrader is an analytical and execution platform for our supported broker technologies

So at this point I would have to choose a License wich in my case will be Lease. Now, I wouldn't need anything else, right (appart from the broker)?

Yes, a live license is required to submit live trades to your broker from the NinjaTrader platform.

There are additional broker-side commissions which would need to be configured. I am not a licensed broker therefore I cannot quote this information directly.

Once you know your total commission per contract you can then configure your commissions according to my instructions in my initial reply.

The lease/purchase cost would not be something which would normally be factored into your commission rate.

Comment

Thanks. So speaking JUST about NT7, a part from the 0.73$ per contract is there any more comission or expense to take in to consideration? (again, just NT7)

Comment

On the platform side and not including purchase/lease costs, the only thing to consider for commissions would be your type of license. Here is a page with more information:

The additional commissions from your broker would need to be added to the license commission to obtain your total commission. The broker may give you a number which equals license commission + broker commission. You will want to clarify with the broker.

Comment

What about the "Exchange & NFA" and "Order Routing"?
              ¿ what are those columns with ALL in rates?
              Attached Files

Comment

This is a fee sheet from NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Please reach out to the Brokerage Support Team directly for brokerage-related questions:

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, or want to open an account, we're here to help. Click here to find the appropriate contact for your needs!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin