Hallelujah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallelujah!

I have seen an astonishing miracle before my eyes - after the latest release of NT 7 the lines drawn on the chart by the user do not move after contract rollover! I am wondering what changed and whom should we worship as a technical god @ ninjatrader?

P.S
    Congratulations for the release of NT 8.
    Last edited by Yaron; 11-30-2016, 07:05 AM.

Hello Yaron,

Thank you for your post.

This is not new and it has always been this way in NinjaTrader 7. The reason being is that in NinjaTrader 7, the new contract is considered a new instrument.

With that said, we have changed this behavior in NinjaTrader 8 and the drawing objects will be moved from one instrument to the next.

Comment

By "moved" I mean the lines were losing their original location on the chart or the bars moved - I don't know which of them but something MOVED and the user drawn lines on the chart were all located wrong on the chart after the rollover. I don't know what was changed but after the latest release of 7 it stopped. Now everything is in place after a rollover.

I wonder what changed that's all.

Comment

I've checked with Product Management and it appears that no changes were made to the behavior of drawing objects and charts in this manner. I suspect this may have something to do with the offset value between contracts and your merge policy.

What instrument are you referring to? Or is this now appearing as desired on all instruments?

Comment

Forget it. I just reloaded NT and all the user drawn lines are off mark. Nothing new under the sun.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
          10 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ghoul