Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to restore workspaces. There is a file sharing violation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to restore workspaces. There is a file sharing violation.

One window says "NinjaTrader application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Then another window says "Then "A different process might using the file. [ C:\Users\OneDrive\Documents\NinjaTrader7\db\NinjaT rader.sdf ]

NT has no open workspace. If I try to open a workspace then NT automatically closes.

*** I just opened up NT for the third time and it opened up with a workspace and actually connected in a few seconds vs. the 2-3 minutes it took yesterday. ***

I also still have the problem of connecting to CQG/AMP. I can connect to any other website really quick but not to my account at AMP. Running a tracert to CQG/AMP it takes about 46 hops and ends with destination net unreachable. I thought it was my ISP but I don't think that is the problem.

*Just ran another tracert -h and it took 17 hops, first 4 under 20ms, next 13 timed out and last one was 4.15.85.194 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Any help on this would be great.

Originally posted by BottomShark77 View Post
    One window says "NinjaTrader application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Then another window says "Then "A different process might using the file. [ C:\Users\OneDrive\Documents\NinjaTrader7\db\NinjaT rader.sdf ]

NT has no open workspace. If I try to open a workspace then NT automatically closes.

*** I just opened up NT for the third time and it opened up with a workspace and actually connected in a few seconds vs. the 2-3 minutes it took yesterday. ***

I also still have the problem of connecting to CQG/AMP. I can connect to any other website really quick but not to my account at AMP. Running a tracert to CQG/AMP it takes about 46 hops and ends with destination net unreachable. I thought it was my ISP but I don't think that is the problem.

*Just ran another tracert -h and it took 17 hops, first 4 under 20ms, next 13 timed out and last one was 4.15.85.194 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Any help on this would be great.
    I have been closing and opening it okay since the first 2 times it didn't open.

Comment

By the way, this is when I start up NT.

Comment

I see that your NinjaTrader 7 folder is saved in your OneDrive. OneDrive is a cloud storage and backup service provided by Microsoft. If OneDrive is backing up NinjaTrader files at the same time that NinjaTrader needs to use the file, this error can occur.

I would recommend making a backup of your Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder on your desktop and either disabling OneDrive completely, or ensuring that NinjaTrader 7 is not included in the automatic backup.

How to exclude individual folders from OneDrive:

how to disable OneDrive on Windows 10:

Comment

Originally posted by BottomShark77 View Post
          last one was 4.15.85.194 reports: Destination net unreachable.
          This is the line that I quite do not understand. Does this mean that it can not reach AMP? (And thanks for the OneDrive answer).

Comment

We are not receiving any other reports of users having trouble with CQG-based connections.

I'd like to test your connection on my end.

Please write in to PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com and reference the connection issue that you're experiencing.

Also, include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post chbruno