UniRenko chart not displaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UniRenko chart not displaying

I've had 2 UniRenko - UR charts in a Workspace that's many months old.

Had the Workspace open this morning with the URs displayed.
    Closed NT at the end of the ES session, restarted NT about 3:10 pst and the
    URs were distorted and hung the system.

Closed all 5 charts displayed, 6 more not displayed, Closed and Saved Workspace,
    shutdown NT then restarted it.

Opened and deleted several charts but the UR chart wouldn't display beyond the
    frame. Shut down again, reinstalled UR over the old one, New chart UR but still
    wouldn't display.

Any idea what the problem/s is/are and how fix it/them ?

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files to check for errors, specifically any errors relating to UniRenko. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20161208.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20161208.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi DrewO, thanks for your reply — I found and solved the problem, but not why it happened.

If you'd been ChelseaB I've have started the thread 'Guess What ???'
      see: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=92946

After ChelseaB's reply I reset all my charts to <Use instrument settings> including the UR charts
      after I posted this thread I had another go at New UR chart and one displayed but the price data
      started just about the lower frame, then current data appeared right at the top of the page under
      the frame.

That gave me the idea to check the 'Session template' which showed <Use instrument settings>
      so I changed it to 'Default 24/7' and the chart immediately displayed correctly.

Any idea why <Use instrument settings> isn't working and 'Default 24/7' is ?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I'm glad to hear you made some progress on this item!

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

Do you receive an error on screen when using the <Use Instrument settings> setting? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

On opening the Workspace -
          The problem is back again, this time nothing changes when I change from 24/7 to
          <Use instrument settings> and vice versa.

Who are you connected to? CQG via AMP

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? ES 12-16

Do you receive an error on screen when using the <Use Instrument settings> setting? NO

Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? ???
          If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Since this issue has returned, I'd like to return to the original plan of reviewing the log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

Comment

Hi Drew, thought you'd have left for the night.

Tried 'Reload All Historical Data' and after the reload completed
              the charts displayed correctly.

email sent

Comment

Just before I go to bed/sleep

Have another Workspace with 4 UR charts
                one's set to 24/7 and the others <Use instrument settings> all displayed ok and update

see you tomorrow, hopefully you learn the mystery.

Comment

Can you clarify - are you still experiencing any unexpected behavior, or has it been resolved?

If you are still experiencing anything unexpected, please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

Comment

Everything seems pukkadink

Just this past week I've started to add Regression Chls to several charts, for instance the 60m has 9
                    plus 1 Fibo Retracement and 4 Fibo Ext, and a total of 55 items on the chart; another has similar with
                    85 items. The UR have only 10 items, did have some RCs none currently. There's 10 charts in this WS
                    ranging from 5sec to M after deleting 4 ? charts.

Maximizing the 60 to full page then moving the price bars to the left third of the page to see more detail,
                    then Restore Down then clicking on the 'move image right' arrow, yesterday there was a many seconds
                    delay before the bars moved to the right margin, just tried it and the bars moved over in a second or so.
                    The RCs did seem to slow the charts down the past few days.

Demo trade executions are good, currently have the usual 5 charts displayed and the Basic Entry,
                    displayed and minimized the 5 other charts.

Don't know that I can add anything else, will definitely notify you if the mystery starts again. Cheers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jclose
                    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                    10 responses
                    0 likes