Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loggin in to NT7 & FXCM ac

hi,

If im already logged in to my NT7 or NT 8 ac, how do i connect at the same time to my FXCM?

Hello Samdavid,

I am not sure if you can connect to the same FXCM live account simultaneously in NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8. If you try to connect in NinjaTrader 8 while already connected in NinjaTrader 7, do you experience an error message? If you are not connected in NinjaTrader 8, am I correct you are able to connect in NinjaTrader 7 without issue?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Samdavid View Post
      hi,

If im already logged in to my NT7 or NT 8 ac, how do i connect at the same time to my FXCM?
      Not exactly sure what you are asking here but the following may help.
      • if you want to run both NT7 and NT8 concurrently you can sign up to two demo accounts from FXCM
      • if you want to run FXCM's Trade Station at the same time as you run NT7 or NT8 you can go to FXCM's home page from where you will see the login button. If you click on that you can select their web based Trade Station and then use you FXCM account login details. If you do this you can see your NT based orders appearing on their Trading Station from the same account.
      • FXCM also offer the option to download and install a PC based version of their Trade Station. Apparently this uses the same API as NinjaTrader so you can run into problems if you try to run it at the same time as NT7 or NT8
      • Please be aware that whilst NinjaTrader can send orders to FXCM's Trade Station the opposite is not always true. NT doesn't recognise some of the orders that can be raised on Trade Station
      • Also be careful if you attempt to close an order on FXCM's Trade Station that was initiated on NT. I found that during some trials that if I manually closed a position on Trade Station the associated stop loss and profit target orders that came from NT's ATM were not automatically cancelled. This occurred on NT8. I am not sure whether the same issue occurs on NT7.

Hopefully this helps

Comment

Fxcm connection from nt7

Thankyou all for your feedback. Let me simplify my query:
        1) If im connected into my NT7 ac and have trades running, can I also connect to my FXCM ac from NT7 without disconnecting the current trading a/c? or I have to log of from one and log into the other?

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have two live FXCM account connections on my end to test. When I test it using 2 FXCM demo connections, I am able to connect to both in the same NinjaTrader 7 instance.

Can you please try to connect to both live account connections and check if you can connect successful without an error message. Once connected to both, please check if you can select both accounts from the Account field of order entry windows (SuperDOM, ChartTrader, etc).

Comment

CONNECTING TWO A/Cs

Thanks Jason for your feedback.

I meant 1 FXCM ac and 1 Futures ac. I managed to connect to both. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Samdavid View Post
              Thankyou all for your feedback. Let me simplify my query:
              1) If im connected into my NT7 ac and have trades running, can I also connect to my FXCM ac from NT7 without disconnecting the current trading a/c? or I have to log of from one and log into the other?
              When you say you are connected into NT7 and have trades running do you mean that you have non FOREX trades already running?

If you have a multi broker license you can for instance be trading a futures account using a futures data service and broker and then connect to FXCM and potentially trade FOREX. Obviously you would have to have the appropriate trading accounts selected on each chart or DOM.

In my experience the issue you have to be careful with is when both data services can potentially supply the same data..

From memory NT normally first looks for data from the data service you connected first. If it can't find it there it then looks at the second service connected and so on. If your first service connected can only supply futures data and the second one connected is FOREX only there is no conflict. In this case your futures orders will use the futures data and the FOREX order will use the FOREX data. I have actually done this with NT7. I think it also applies to NT8 but need NinjaTrader to confirm this

I believe that problems can arise if both data services can supply data for the same markets. In that case NT7 defaults to the first service connected for all data.

Comment

Hello FMtrader,

Yes, when connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader 7, you will receive realtime data from the first connected connection on most occasions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex and index), you will receive data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.

NinjaTrader 8 allows you to configure preferred connections per instrument type. Please see the following link for information.

Comment

CONNECTION TO AC's

Thanks.

Im now connected to both. However I have opened a forex pair chart, and when i click on chart trader to look at the ac its linked to it defaults to the sim a/c. Its greyed out and I cannot select. Same with the superdom. I have linked the chart with the dom using the colour bars at the top. But ac is linked to the sim ac and not real ac.

How do i link the chart or DOM to the real ac. Appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Can you please make sure your live license key is entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key.

Connect to your live account connection via Control Center-->File-->Connect.

Subsequently uncheck 'Global Simulation Mode' at Control Center-->File.

You will now be able to select your live account and trade it. As long as 'Global Simulation Mode' is disabled you can switch between the sim account and live account. If enabled, it will have the sim101 selected - greyed out - which cannot be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                      Hello FMtrader,

Yes, when connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader 7, you will receive realtime data from the first connected connection on most occasions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex and index), you will receive data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.

NinjaTrader 8 allows you to configure preferred connections per instrument type. Please see the following link for information.
                      http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...onnections.htm
                      I had forgotten that I actually had set up my NT8 with preferred connections way back on one of the early betas many months ago!

Comment

Thanks, It worked

Appreciated.

Comment

Forex trade on nt7

Dear Platform support,
                          Quick questions
                          1) Managed to link my Market analyzer to the sim ac trading forex. However the pair already trading does not show the realized profit & loss at all in tandem with current market price from entry price? what's the issue? e.g GBPJPY - I entered the trade on Friday at 144.79, current price is 146.18. Thats 130pip move. My market analyzer is showing $216.77. But its static, It does not change up/down as the market price changes. Can you assist?

2) How do I enter a trailing stop on the chart or DOM?

3) When i entered the trade the order qty window shows 0.1m and above? Please advise whether this is 1 contract?

Comment

1. Please note that the RealizedProfitLoss column shows realized PnL only. It does not include unrealized PnL. You can add the UnrealizedProfitLoss column for this purpose.

2. You would setup an Auto Trail stop strategy for your ATM strategy. Please see the link below.

3. 0.1M is a regular lot (100,000 units). M stands for million. A quantity of 0.01M (10,000) is a mini lot. 1,000 is a micro lot.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Jason.

On the 1st point I already have the unrealised profit and loss column and its reflecting zero. Normally as the price adjusts ,the unrealised dprofit and loss adjusts corresponding to the current market value based on the entry price. In my case there is no movement even till today on both columns. what could be the issue

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo
                              by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes