Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Long term retention of stock tick data and how to download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long term retention of stock tick data and how to download?

Hi - I accidentally noticed some tick data on a stock I follow seems to be stored in the db folder long after that tick data has rolled off from the live data feed I use with NT7. That service stores tick data for 6 months. Since it appears NT7 stores and updates this stuff on my pc, I'd like to start collecting this for other stocks, starting with the 30 Dow stocks. Short of adding an entry for each stock and downloading it to NT7 that way, can you tell me how to do some sort of download that'll grab all of the Dow 30 stocks' tick data?

Another question along this line is can NT7 load tick data from .csv files? I know there are data brokerage services that have long term tick data available(for a cost, or course) and I'd like to know if there is way to load up NT7 with some of that data. If so, this might mean I could assemble several years worth of tick data on a wide variety of stocks, which would be of tremendous value to me, if I could run all of this through NT7 charting.

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

When connected to a data proivder that supports the requested historical data, you can use the Historical Data Manager to download historical data. More information at the below link:

Historical data can only be imported from a file that is formatted as a .txt file. However, with a correctly formatted file you could import historical data as you had mentioned, also by using the Historical Data Manager. More information at the below link:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes