Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM recurring problem

Hello,

I've been using NT for a while, recently I'm trying to migrate my forex operative to it. The problem its that when I put my automatic strategies in the platform, when is related to forex, they simply does not work. The price keeps running and so, but nothing is executed. With futures everything fine, but with FOREX that happens when it feels to, with the same code as futures.

This doesn't mean that sometimes forex feels happy and works for a day, or works only in some pairs, but the problems are recurring.

Greetings,
    Miguel

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for your note.

Do you have prints in your script to understand the behavior?

Is the script processing data? (A print that pints the time of the bar would show this)

Is the condition to place the order evaluating as true?
    Below is a link to a video that demonstrates how to use a print to understand if a condition will evaluate as true.
    Dive into manipulating C# code from within an unlocked NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.NinjaTrader 7 is an award winning end to end online ...

Is the order being cancelled or ignored?
    TraceOrders = true; in the Initialize() method would let you know this.

Is the order changing states in OnOrderUpdate()? (A print of the order.ToString() would let you know the states of all orders as they change)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I finally managed to fix it by erasing all the NT database. We will never know what was happening, but at least it is fixed.

Greetings,
      Barrenas

Comment

I see that today the error is here again, only in forex, as usual (futures work great). I'm doing what you suggested and will keep you posted.

Comment

It keeps getting weirder. Today, in the morning all the forex graphics simply freeze. I try to reset it and NT can not load any FX graphic... I desist and an hour later, it is working as if anything has happened. NT simply does not work with forex for me and I really don't know why

Comment

Hello Barrenas,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rocketman7  
            Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post traderqz