Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futures Roll Offset Question for NT7

Hi,

I'm using different roll offsets from the ones provided by default on the Instrument Manager for the Mar'17 Futures of instruments like NQ and FGBL.

However I see that every night, the roll offset for these expires switches back to the default value. How can I make my custom Roll offset entries persist for these expires ?

Best,
    Vispilio

Hello Vispilio,

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with your log and trace files included as an attachment to the email, so I may investigate this matter further.

• Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, we continued this thread via e-mail, and I have one follow up question:

What exact method do you use to calculate the "roll offset" when switching between futures expiries ?

Right now, it seems to be that if for example the Rollover date is on Dec 8 on let's say ES mar'17, the difference between the settlement prices of ES Dec'16 and ES Mar'17 as at Dec 8 is taken into account, while most other data providers would prefer the difference as at Dec 7, if the rollover is happening the next day... Can you confirm ? I guess that's why there seems to be discrepancies in some of the roll offsets provided by Ninja Trader...

Best,
      Vispilio

Comment

Hello Vispilio,

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with your log and trace files included as an attachment to the email, so I may investigate this matter further.

• Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Shawn did you even read the question ? It has nothing to do with the log and trace files. Plus you already got the log and trace files last week remember ? and you gave us completely irrelevant advice.

I think it will be much better if you just forward this inquiry to someone with a little more experience with futures and rolls in your team.

Best,
          Vispilio

Comment

hello

how this i dont understand to this forum

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes