Excessive popups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive popups

For the second time in a week, a temporary interruption in my internet connection has caused over 1000 pop-up messages to flood my screen (in under 3 minutes). It is impossible to close all the windows in any reasonable amount of time and I can't do anything in Ninjatrader (or Trader Workstation) until all of the windows have been closed. When this happened last week, it was 10 minutes to close and I couldn't exit my position before market close, so please understand that this seemingly small inconvenience has very real consequences.

Add to this, I have a very bad repetitive strain injury in my hands, so it is extremely painful (and time consuming) to have to close over 1000 windows just to be able to trade.

The messages all the windows were displaying are the following:

Mail queue overflow. One or more mails have been dropped.
    HMDS data farm connection is broken:ilhmds HDMSDataFarmConnectionBroken
    Unable to subscribe to market data: Please assign an additional exchange to this instrument in the Instrument Manager TOT Default
    Unable to subscribe to market data: Please assign an additional exchange to this instrument in the Instrument Manager CDXS Default
    IB: Primary connection=ConnectionLost
    Failed to send mail: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed.

What can be done to prevent this happening in the future?

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20161215.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20161215.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post alifarahani  
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM