Collapse

OpenTick Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: the beta1.opentick.com, beta2.opentick.com, beta3.opentick.com feed server addresses on port 10010 are available now, and if you connect to these hosts, you will be able to get those NYSE indices.
    Last edited by jbergeron; 08-04-2008, 12:40 PM.

Comment

great...SP500 works fine now

when will you push live feed for ADD and UVOL?

thanks

Comment

Once we confirm that the calculations are correct and that the process is stable we'll roll it over into production. Estimated 1-2 weeks, maybe less.

Originally posted by ATI user View Post
        great...SP500 works fine now

when will you push live feed for ADD and UVOL?

thanks

Comment

Hi Joshua,

Could you please clarify something for us?

Based on your previous posts I assumed all NYSE Indices were now available on the beta feed servers and would be rolled over to production in 1 to 2 weeks.

That doesn't appear to be the case. I'm currently connected to beta1 and the S&P500 is available, but no ADD, TICK, or TRIN.

When do you expect to have these indices available?

Comment

market internals

opentick charges $1 per month for nyse data...does anybody know if barchart will match that?

Comment

At best contact BarChart.com for their pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayB1 View Post
                Hi Joshua,

Could you please clarify something for us?

Based on your previous posts I assumed all NYSE Indices were now available on the beta feed servers and would be rolled over to production in 1 to 2 weeks.

That doesn't appear to be the case. I'm currently connected to beta1 and the S&P500 is available, but no ADD, TICK, or TRIN.

When do you expect to have these indices available?
                That's strange, is it still occurring for you? My best guess is that you possibly had the previous IP address for beta1 cached in your DNS - we actually changed it's IP address yesterday. If you had the old address cached it would have been connecting to feed1 instead...

Comment

Hi Joshua,

I've flushed my DNS cache. Even used Tidy-Bowl. I'm connected to beta1.opentick.com (64.210.196.146, port 10010) and there are still no NYSE market statistics like $TICK or $TRIN. Other data is available.

Could someone else on the beta1 feed server please check for the availability of $TICK or $TRIN?

What do you suggest next?

Comment

Originally posted by ClayB1 View Post
                    Hi Joshua,

I've flushed my DNS cache. Even used Tidy-Bowl. I'm connected to beta1.opentick.com (64.210.196.146, port 10010) and there are still no NYSE market statistics like $TICK or $TRIN. Other data is available.

Could someone else on the beta1 feed server please check for the availability of $TICK or $TRIN?

What do you suggest next?
                    Hm, very strange. They are definitely available at the beta1 server, you can confirm by using our Quoteboard tool from the downloads page, as an example. Do you get any error when attempting to use a chart with such instruments?

My first instinct would be to check the instruments definitions and make sure it's using the correct symbols and exchange codes, but to my knowledge there has never been an issue with these particular instruments and their mappings, so somehow I don't think this is the situation.

Assuming you're using the ClayB1 username at opentick... I'll check through the server logs and see if we can come to some conclusion about what's going wrong.

Regards,
                    Joshua

Comment

Yes, I can also see $TICK and $TRIN on the beta feed server using the Quoteboard tool.

There are no error messages when I open a chart and request these symbols. My opentick username is ClayB1.

According to the Quoteboard tool, the current value for $TICK is 1156 (it's after hours). I currently have a $TICK chart open and see a single hash mark at 1156, so it appears that I am receiving the most current quote, but no historical data with which to build a chart. I can build charts from the beta feed server using other symbols.

Thank you for your help Joshua!

Comment

$TRIN/$TICK on OpenTick

"According to the Quoteboard tool, the current value for $TICK is 1156"

I am experiencing the same. The Quote Board shows last price as 1156 but I cannot plot any charts.

Comment

Hi Joshua,

I'm leaving for vacation on Friday morning and I'd REALLY like to get this issue resolved before I leave if at all possible. Any ideas as to why we can't load charts of the these indices from the beta feed servers?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I believe the problem is simply that historical data is not available for these symbols yet, and that may cause conflicts if your chart is attempting to backfill with data. The calculations are still being refined at this point - and the ticks are only provided in real-time as of now.

If you are at least able to get real-time updates in a chart, you could try keeping your chart open all the time so it collects all ticks, as a temporary solution.

As we approach moving these into production feed servers, their historical data will be available. We have tentatively scheduled a production release date of August 19th.

Comment

Thanks for the update Joshua - I'm looking forward to the production release on the 19th

Comment

Joshua - Are you still on schedule for a production release of August 19th (tomorrow)?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                                19 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Radano
                                by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes