Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Password no longer fills automatically when logging into Interactive Brokers sim acco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password no longer fills automatically when logging into Interactive Brokers sim acco

Hi all.

Been using N T (7) for months now and connecting to IB simulated account. Up to today, the password which I had setup in Tools/Account Connections/IB Simulated was filling in automatically whenever I connected to that account.

Now, however, I have to enter the password manually.

I did go through editing that connection, and re-entering the password (there was already one in the profile that was displayed) up to "Finish", then restarted N T; but this did not make any difference...

Why?

P.S. Four days ago I did upgrade my OS (I'm on a Macintosh) from "Yosemite" (10.10.5) to MacOS "Sierra" (10.12.1). But I fail to see how this would have an impact on my situation...

When NinjaTrader connects to Interactive Brokers, it starts up Trader Workstation and literally types in your username and password into the login screen.

If another window is selected during this process, the login screen will lose its 'focus' and it will not enter your credentials.

Can you clarify - are any other programs running when you are attempting to login to Interactive Brokers from NinjaTrader?

As a test, close all other open applications and attempt to connect.

Comment

Hi Patrick.

Nothing else is running (other, maybe, than some applications like Norton Security, running in the background).

My routine (for months, now, five days a week, always the same way): (the workspace that is active when I launch Ninja has two charts on it) start Ninja and wait for the workspace's charts to populate and to display properly, with indicators, etc.); then connect to Kinetick: this causes the charts to load current data. Wait for the charts to settle down and display properly. Then connect to IB; typically, this displayed the login panel, with my userid and password already filled in. Ninja even hit the "Enter" key for me. Then I would just wait (while a few windows opened, then minimized) until I got the dialog asking "Allow the attempted connection? Yes/No" at which point I would click on "Yes" and TWS would finish loading. I've been going through this routine for months now, it's always the same.

As noted in my original post, other than the change to the OS (on the Macintosh environment) four days ago, I haven't changed anything that I can think of...

Thanks.

Comment

Hey Patrick! I just looked at "Tools/Connections/IB - Simulated" and just noticed that the "Auto logon" checkbox is NOT checked! Isn't that wrong? I'm going to check it, Finish and restart Ninja and I'll let you know.

Comment

Ouch! That's not it: this time, Ninja did not even enter my name, let alone the password!!! I'm really puzzled!

Comment

Are you using Trader Workstation 944.3?

When I test on my end, I am able to auto-fill my Interactive Brokers credentials successfully. Unfortunately this is one feature which is known to simply not work in some cases.

The only further troubleshooting steps I could recommend for NinjaTrader 7 would be to uninstall and reinstall both NinjaTrader and Trader Workstation 944.3, reinstall them, create a new Interactive Brokers connection, and test.

Another test would be to attempt to login in the same way with NinjaTrader 8.

Here is the installation guide:

Here is the Interactive Brokers connection guide which has downloads for the required versions of Trader Workstation:

Comment

Hi Patrick.

Yes, I'm running 944.3.

I won't re-load the software: I can live with having to enter my password manually.

Puzzled, though...

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses