Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 aon same chart

Hello

I have a chart with two data series (FDAX + FDXM) on the same timeframe and plotted both data series in the same panel.

I want to have an indicator based on FDAX data plotted on top of the chart. The indicator is a dll so I cannot change anything on it.

The indicator draws volume distribution on top of the candlestick of price on real time.

The indicator works fine with just one data series on the chart, but as soon as I add the second data series, the indicator does not show up the "new" volume distribution on the new price candles.

It seems as if the indicator is working on the background but the "plot" of the indicator results is hidden somewhere.

Is there any way to force the indicator plot to be on top of both price dataseries candlesticks?.

Thanks
    Last edited by chmarin; 12-17-2016, 06:12 AM.

Hello chmarin,

If you are referring to the z-order you can manually set this for each indicator and data series. (Try pushing the bars on the chart to the bottom of the z-order index)

Select the chart bars by left mouse clicking on them.
    Hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard and roll the mouse scroll wheel to change the z-order.

Below is a link to the help guide on Navigating a chart. Please see the section 'How to change the z-order (paint order) of a chart object'.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried to swicth Z-Order on the chart but it does not make any differences. In the attached chart the two data series had the highest Z-order to keep them on the back of all items on the chart

In the attached image you can see on the left side of the chart the indicator properly plotted (black and orange squares). The left side of the chart was created with just one data series. As soon as the second data series is included (right side of the chart) the indicator does not plot the orange and black squares as before.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

I would like to take a first hand look at what is occurring.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1625184

I look forward to your reply.
        Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
        2 responses