• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ghost orders problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost orders problems

On my last trade on ER2: I was flat before entering the trade, the strategy triggered a short sell, and then my profit target has been hit. At this point everything was ok: IB received my order and acknowledged it. I could see the closing trade on the chart but as we can see on the screenshot I was still short 1 contract in the strategy (screenshot1).

I then restarted NT and on restart NT placed a stop and a target order on YM (I have another strategy running on it), but I was flat on it before the restart and had no other live orders so I'm a bit confused as where these trades come from (screenshot2)...

Could you please advise on what happened?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ryker; 07-25-2008, 11:45 AM.

It is likely your strategy (not account) had an open position. Please stop the strategy from within the Conrol Center Strategies tab.

Here is a post on the difference between account position and strategy position:

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ategy+position
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not really I didn't have anything opened at that moment! I watched the strategy trading so I would have noticed this earlier if I had an open order!

Comment

Did you close the strategy under the strategy tab?

Comment

I closed the strategy after noticing that I was still short in the strategy but flat at the broker...

Comment

Then that sounds like this is what happened- your strategy was short with a bracket and the order didn't get submitted because you shutdown but the bracket was submitted as soon as you re-connected because once there was data the strategy showed the short as filled. I would close your strategy before shutting down to prevent further issues.

Comment

Not at all...
              I think you don't understand the problem and try to put this on me!

It's quite clear though, I was short got the order filled but the strategy was still short although I was flat at the broker... Look at the screenshot! This is not a normal behaviour, the strategy should have been flat. I then decided to restart NT...

Comment

I have reviewed your screen shots and if you look at the shot of the log tab shows the strategies were not closed.

If you leave these running when a condition is met they will fire orders.

Please review the link I posted earlier as I believe it explains your issue clearly.

Comment

I think you didn't understand or you just don't read what I wrote which make things harder here!!!
                  Don't try to explain me how an automated strategy works I think I have much more experience than you in that area, so I obviously understand that if the strategy is started it will fire orders once the condition are met!!!

Please try to read carefully what I write now:
                  -- I'm flat (100% sure) with no outstanding orders at all.
                  -- My strategy send a market order and I'm filled so i'm short 1 contract
                  -- The target profit is hit at the broker and on the chart so i'm flat at the broker and I should be flat in the strategy position
                  -- But when I look in the MA I still can see a short of 1 contrat but I should have been flat in the strategy.

So now if you think that it's a normal behaviour then I think I should try to find a new execution platform!

PS: After the restart I had a few more issues but I'll keep that for later.

Comment

There are several reasons that this could happen:

- Your account was not flat when you started the strategy
                    - Your strategy generated orders that put you in this position. One example that could result in an unwanted position is having a target working, your strategy sent a market to close the position and cancel the target but it could not get cancelled in time and both orders were filled.
                    - An order was generated manually

Since you state that you were 100% flat then I would look at the next two situations. Review the log file during the lifetime of the strategy to piece together what may have happened.
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Look at the screenshot.
                      The strategy is submitting market orders to enter and then stop+target orders. No other orders were there (the fact that I was flat at the broker is a sign, the problem appeared just after the fill of the target order).
                      No manual order was submitted either.

I looked at the logs already, no problems from the strategy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Can you post the logs and trace files along with the relevant timestamp of the event?
                        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok attached is the relevant file, problem occured in between 17:00-18:30 with the target filled at around 18:30.

Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

I need some clarification.

- In your original screenshot --> I see you connected to eSignal and not Interactive Brokers
                            - Could the MA be reporting a position in the Sim101 account?

Comment

Also, what TWS version are you using and can you send in the entire logs/traces not just a section of it. You can send it in via NinjaTrader Help > Mail To Support menu, attention to Ray.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mykro, Today, 01:00 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mykro
                              by Mykro

Started by jcbnoles, Today, 12:18 PM
                              1 response