Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    Did you send the full logs/traces as per my last post? I did not see it come through yet.

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied
    I'm connected to IB but you can't see it when I minimize the control center window but the connection was up. It's not a position from the Sim101 account as I don't use it.
    TWS version: 884.8

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    Also, what TWS version are you using and can you send in the entire logs/traces not just a section of it. You can send it in via NinjaTrader Help > Mail To Support menu, attention to Ray.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    I need some clarification.

- In your original screenshot --> I see you connected to eSignal and not Interactive Brokers
    - Could the MA be reporting a position in the Sim101 account?

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied
    Ok attached is the relevant file, problem occured in between 17:00-18:30 with the target filled at around 18:30.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    Can you post the logs and trace files along with the relevant timestamp of the event?

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied
    Look at the screenshot.
    The strategy is submitting market orders to enter and then stop+target orders. No other orders were there (the fact that I was flat at the broker is a sign, the problem appeared just after the fill of the target order).
    No manual order was submitted either.

I looked at the logs already, no problems from the strategy.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    There are several reasons that this could happen:

- Your account was not flat when you started the strategy
    - Your strategy generated orders that put you in this position. One example that could result in an unwanted position is having a target working, your strategy sent a market to close the position and cancel the target but it could not get cancelled in time and both orders were filled.
    - An order was generated manually

Since you state that you were 100% flat then I would look at the next two situations. Review the log file during the lifetime of the strategy to piece together what may have happened.

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied
    I think you didn't understand or you just don't read what I wrote which make things harder here!!!
    Don't try to explain me how an automated strategy works I think I have much more experience than you in that area, so I obviously understand that if the strategy is started it will fire orders once the condition are met!!!

Please try to read carefully what I write now:
    -- I'm flat (100% sure) with no outstanding orders at all.
    -- My strategy send a market order and I'm filled so i'm short 1 contract
    -- The target profit is hit at the broker and on the chart so i'm flat at the broker and I should be flat in the strategy position
    -- But when I look in the MA I still can see a short of 1 contrat but I should have been flat in the strategy.

So now if you think that it's a normal behaviour then I think I should try to find a new execution platform!

PS: After the restart I had a few more issues but I'll keep that for later.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jessica
    replied
    I have reviewed your screen shots and if you look at the shot of the log tab shows the strategies were not closed.

If you leave these running when a condition is met they will fire orders.

Please review the link I posted earlier as I believe it explains your issue clearly.

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied
    Not at all...
    I think you don't understand the problem and try to put this on me!

It's quite clear though, I was short got the order filled but the strategy was still short although I was flat at the broker... Look at the screenshot! This is not a normal behaviour, the strategy should have been flat. I then decided to restart NT...

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jessica
    replied
    Then that sounds like this is what happened- your strategy was short with a bracket and the order didn't get submitted because you shutdown but the bracket was submitted as soon as you re-connected because once there was data the strategy showed the short as filled. I would close your strategy before shutting down to prevent further issues.

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied
    I closed the strategy after noticing that I was still short in the strategy but flat at the broker...

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jessica
    replied
    Did you close the strategy under the strategy tab?

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied
    Not really I didn't have anything opened at that moment! I watched the strategy trading so I would have noticed this earlier if I had an open order!

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post r68cervera  
Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post geddyisodin