Limited list of items to run Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited list of items to run Strategy Analyzer

I need to run the strategy analyzer for a very simple strategy that I just wrote.

I'm following the exact instructions from the User Guide, and there are no Forex Pairs available on the list of instruments to run any tests against.

The only instruments I see are Futures (ER2, ES, etc), Dow 30, NASDAQ 100, SP 500. That is it. No Forex.

Please help!

paco

Please check the Instrument Manager (Tools > Instrument Manager) and add an FX symbol to your Default List on the left side of the Instrument Manager. You also need to be connected to a provider that supports historical FX data.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I finally got it going. Thanks. It's not going more than a few weeks back, but at least I'm headed in the right direction.

My next problem is that, no matter how I change my strategy, the results don't change at all. It always says that after 1000's of trades, I lose .02. or make .01. I've changed it drastically, and it might go from .02 loss to .04 cents. I've tried multiple pairs, and something isn't set right.

Is there a unit size setting somewhere?

Thanks for your patience. It's my first day with NinjaTrader.

Comment

I have this part fixed. It wasn't very intuitive, but the documentation really helped. Thanks for your help. I'm sure I will have more questions as I get into this.

Originally posted by paco99 View Post
        I finally got it going. Thanks. It's not going more than a few weeks back, but at least I'm headed in the right direction.

My next problem is that, no matter how I change my strategy, the results don't change at all. It always says that after 1000's of trades, I lose .02. or make .01. I've changed it drastically, and it might go from .02 loss to .04 cents. I've tried multiple pairs, and something isn't set right.

Is there a unit size setting somewhere?

Thanks for your patience. It's my first day with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo