Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing time zone

hi

how can i change the time zone on my work space , i recently moved from California to Texas so i need tp change the time on my charts to central standard time

Hello,

Charts within NinjaTrader are based off of your local PC clock therefore in order to change your chart time to CST you will be required to change your Local PC clock to CST as well.

To change your PC clock please close NinjaTrader-->right mouse click on the PC clock in the lower right hand corner-->Adjust Date/Time-->Change Time Zone-->Select the new time zone-->Click Ok.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Is this still the case or NT7 charts can be shown in different timezone than our pc time ?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

There have not been changes, the PC time is still used for time used in NinjaTrader 7. Note that time frames on the chart are controlled by the Session Template.

You can check what Session Template is in use on your charts via the Data Series menu (right click on the chart > Data Series).

To view what times the Session Template is referencing, you can use the top drop-down menu of the Session Manager (Tools > Session Manager). Note: Daily charts are loaded in NinjaTrader using the session times as reported via the data provider; to view outside of these times, try loading the daily chart alternatively as a 1440-minute interval.

Let me know if I may assist further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello quinton77,

Thanks for your post.

Charts within NinjaTrader 7 are based off of your local PC clock therefore in order to change your chart time to CST you will be required to change your Local PC clock to CST as well.

To change your PC clock please close NinjaTrader-->right mouse click on the PC clock in the lower right hand corner-->Adjust Date/Time-->Change Time Zone-->Select the new time zone-->Click Ok.

I see that you're running an older version of NinjaTrader 7. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database. Please update NinjaTrader 7 and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
          • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
          • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
          • Enter your license key and press Submit
          • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
          • Select 'Download'
          • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
          • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
          • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
          • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
          Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by techgetgame, Today, 11:42 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post techgetgame  
          Started by sephichapdson, Today, 11:36 PM
          0 responses
          1 view