Multiple Data Feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Data Feeds

I am using Zen-Fire for my futures data feed, and I also use OpenTick to get data for some other trading instruments. When I am just connected to Zen-Fire, I am receiving data properly for futures. However, after I connect to OpenTick, I cannot load any new charts.. they just stay blank when I open them. Is this to be expected?

Also, can I select which data feed a chart gets its information from? I want futures data to be loaded from Zen-Fire, and other data be loaded from OpenTick.

Try connecting to OpenTick, right clicking in the charts, and selecting Reload Historical Data.

The data that fills each chart is decided by the connection order:

JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am walk forward testing an intraday futures system using opentick and am also working on a daily system using yahoo data while the other is running. When I am connected to opentick to run the intraday system, any chart I open for daily stock data is pulled from opentick which often has bad ticks that renders it useless. If I disconnect opentick in order to get yahoo data then I am unable to get futures data for my intraday stuff. Is there any way to assign one data feed for futures symbols and one for stocks? Or even better, on a symbol by symbol basis.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is not supported. If you are connected to two data feeds, NinjaTrader will only use the second data feed, if you select an instrument type in NinjaTrader that is not supported by the first data feed you are connected to. More information regarding multiple connections can be found at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. So based on that article, if I connect to yahoo first and opentick second, then my stock charts will pull from yahoo and my futures would pull from opentick since those symbols would receive an error from yahoo? If this is the case then it should work just as I need it to.

Comment

Hi WarEagle,

This is a correct understanding of multiple data feed connections.
            MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Tim-c
            by Tim-c

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM