DOM show only best price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM show only best price

I have the free version of NT8 ( don't know if it's because of it) and Im logged in with my Interactive Brokers account for data, I can see the market depth on my IB BookTrader but on the DOM of NT8 it shows only best Bid and best Offer so it's not so helpful.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

What instrument and expiry (if applicable) do you have selected in the SuperDOM?

Can you tell me the TWS build number you are using?

Also, can you check to see the number of levels of depth that are entered in the SuperDOM properties menu?

To do this, please right click on the SuperDOM and then left click on "Properties..." . Under "General" please check the number in the box next to "# of market depth levels". Is this number greater than 1? If not, please change to your desired number of levels of depth.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    James C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I got back to NT7 as the 8 keep crashing and be lagging.
      So at NT7 no good news as well, Im able only to see first level of depth.
      Also when I trying to open another BookTrader on TWS it says Im already have 3 Depth windows which is the MAX TWS can show, (but I don't I have only 1 open) I spoke with IB and checked the Deep logs on my TWS and for some reason NT7 is asking for depth of instruments that I got opened earlier but not open now and that is what cause the problem, TWS think the DOM that opened on NT7 is the 4th or 5th instrument that opened and not let me see the depth of it, any suggestions?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply post.

Can you tell me if you have more than one workspace open?

If you go to the Control Center -> File -> Workspaces, how many workspaces are listed?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

There is 2 work spaces listed
          Untiteled 1
          BlackVWAP (which is the one I'm using and this is the one that have little [V] in is left side)

Comment

Remove the work space that was opened on background solved my problem!! The depth request come from there , closed it and restarted the program and it make it work. Thank you very much!

Comment

Hey again , I have the same issue but now I have only 1 workspace opened so I have no idea what is asking from IB more Depth except what's opened, I am using Jigsaw tool and I know it's using depth from IB but again , I have only 2 Depths opened at one time and yet when I trying to change instrument it says "I have already 3 market depth opened" and when I checking it on IB logs it's just wont forget the last depth I asked for (which is closed now) and force it to show me only the 3 instruments that in the logs, It not updating the info I'm asking for, if it's make any sense. Only when I closing NT it's forget the depths I asked and only then I can ask for new instruments depth. It's not so comfortable to reset the program anytime I need to change instrument. I know the problem not with Jigsaw because it's not the first time NT doing those problem. Hoping to hear from you soon, Thank you.
              p.s. I have no depth opened on IB at all. Only on Jigsaw which means only on NT.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

So that I can look into this issue further, please send me your log and trace files. In your email response, please reference this thread.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JamesC View Post
                  Hello,

Thank you for your post.

So that I can look into this issue further, please send me your log and trace files. In your email response, please reference this thread.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Just did it, please check to confirm you got it.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I received the files thank you. I will be looking through the information and I will get back to you shortly.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, I received the files thank you. I will be looking through the information and I will get back to you shortly.
                      Now I tried to log out from NT to see if my depth requests from IB getting restarted and they are like I thought. So it confirmed the problem is somewhere on NT. The requests just wont restart in new instrument.

Comment

Hello,

Any updates?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes