Strategy Lost Off Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Lost Off Chart

I have a strategy that, at this point, simply gives me audio and visual alerts when certain criteria are met.

I apply it to a chart, then switch to a different chart of the same instrument and use Chart Trader to enter and exit a trade. For some reason, after doing this I lose the strategy off the first chart! All of a sudden it is simply not listed when I right-click on the chart and go to "Strategies".

Is this expected behavior? Can I not use Chart Trader at all, even on separate chart windows, even if those strategies are not executing orders, while automated strategies are running? If so, why? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

This is as expected; it is not possible to use ChartTrader and NinjaScript Strategies on the same instrument simultaneously.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I used many strategies on the same instrument on different charts and a different chart for chart trading for the same instrument. This worked for almost a year. The last weeks I am experiencing the same problem: if I have running strategies on the same instrument and use chart trader on a different chart (for managing the positions opened by the strats ) but the same instrument the strategies disappear without any log and trace. Are you saying this is normal ?

Comment

Likely this is what happened...From our Help Guide.

!!! IMPORTANT: Manually Closing an ATM Strategy from an Order Entry Window such as the SuperDOM
        It is crucial that when running ATM Strategies created by a NinjaScript strategy that you understand how to properly manually close the ATM Strategy from any of the order entry windows.

• <LI class=rvps1>If the order entry window ATM Strategy Selection Mode is NOT in "DisplaySelectedATMStrategyOnly" click on the "CLOSE" button via your middle mouse button (scroll wheel)
        • If the order entry window ATM Strategy Selection Mode is in "DisplaySelectedATMStrategyOnly" you can click on the "CLOSE" button with your left mouse button to close the selected active ATM strategy

Following the approaches above will internallly close the ATM Strategy. Not following the approach will close the account/instrument position, terminate all strategies and cancel all orders. The result is that your NinjaScript strategy will be terminated.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TraderBCL  
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes