Reload changes tick chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on NT7 with NT Continuum data feed using a tick chart on the ES. I noticed a couple of days ago that the bars didn't line up with what I was seeing from other sources so I reloaded the chart and it makes it look very different. It's done this three mornings in a row now. Yesterday was the biggest difference but I've included this morning's change as an attachment here.

I understand real-time won't look the same as historical - I get that, and I expect little differences especially on a tick chart. But we're talking about a big difference of thousands of extra ticks being added to the chart on reload (over 20 bars on my 2000 tick chart). What's up with this? I can't confidently enter on a chart if I think price isn't actually trading at that level. Should I HAVE to even reload? I wouldn't think so barring a technical glitch on my platform but you tell me.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Seen this before, History is never the same as live. As I understand it the Newest packet format doesn't transmit every trade it groups them together. On High volume days if you drop packets you can see big changes and ES is high volume. I would try the easiest thing first.
    Ask them to change the Server your on.
    It could be their server but it could also be your Internet connection
    dropping packets or your computer/Ninja Software too loaded down to keep up. You need to examine all possibilities if changing servers doesn't pan out.

Comment

Hello Auric,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team.

The Understanding why a chart can look different after reloading historical data from the server section of our help guide does a great job at explaining why you might see this behavior:
      http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._are_built.htm

Syncing your PC clock and ensuring that you have a stable internet connection would be two good steps to start off with.

Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
      • Close NinjaTrader.
      • Open the Windows Control Panel
      • Select Date and Time
      • Press 'Change time zone...'.
      • Set the time zone and press 'OK'.
      • Click on Internet Time tab.
      • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
      • Ensure to check for a message under the Update button that says it was successful.
      • If it did not properly sync, even after a few tries, try manually setting your PC clock and then syncing.

Your PC clock should now be updated.

Additionally, please attempt to download this data in the Historical Data Manager to ensure that this data is available from your data provider. You can access the historical data manager by navigating to your Control Center and selecting to Tools --> Historical Data Manager.

I also noticed that the attachment you mentioned in your post was not attached to your post. Please attempt to reattach the image so I can better assist you moving forward.

I look forward to your reply.
      Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post traderqz  
      Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
      3 responses