Simulated commissions not right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated commissions not right

I have a ATM that calls for 3 contracts on the mini russell . When I go to the
    account performance tab ,there are several things wrong . The gross profits are wrong and net profits (both have the same figure entered) . Also , the
    commissions have been calculated on 2 contracts instead of 3 . Things shouldn't be that far off . ???

Please ensure you have no filters loaded and that you are viewing the proper account. Please also check how you have your commissions setup in Instrument Manager for your particular instrument. Finally check to see if you have the Apply commissions to PnL calculations option checked or not.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Please ensure you have no filters loaded and that you are viewing the proper account. Please also check how you have your commissions setup in Instrument Manager for your particular instrument. Finally check to see if you have the Apply commissions to PnL calculations option checked or not.
      Don't know of any filters , unless Ninja has some by default . This is a Sim account and that's what it's set to . Apply commissions to PnL is checked and
      under futures , the commission is set to 4.80 ,for Interactive Brokers . Doing
      the same thing today . Have made 3 round trip trades ,which would be a total
      of 9 trades but , account performance says 6 . Total Net Profit and Gross Profit say the same thing .

Comment

Hello,

The Gross Profit and Net Profit should be the same if you have no losses yet. Net Profit is Gross Profit minus Gross Loss. Both Gross Profit and Net Profit have commissions taken out already.

Please reduce the commissions you have entered in half and see if you get the results you want. Note there are two places you can enter commissions: Tools>Options>Commissions, and Tools>Instrument manager>Edit>Misc tab. Here is a link that may help you:
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
          Hello,

The Gross Profit and Net Profit should be the same if you have no losses yet. Net Profit is Gross Profit minus Gross Loss. Both Gross Profit and Net Profit have commissions taken out already.

Please reduce the commissions you have entered in half and see if you get the results you want. Note there are two places you can enter commissions: Tools>Options>Commissions, and Tools>Instrument manager>Edit>Misc tab. Here is a link that may help you:
          http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...issionTab.html
          OK, maybe Ninja is figuring the commissions different then I think . I made 3
          round trip trades with 3 contracts at a time . IB commission rate is 2.40 a
          side . So would that not be 9 round trip trades @ 4.80 = 43.20 ,but Ninja
          says 28.80

Comment

Hello,

All of your commissions will be calculated through NinjaTrader, not IB, since you are sim trading. Please go to: Tools>Options>Commissions and match the commission input screens that are attached.

Please also go to all of the intruments you are using and set all of their commissions to zero. Do that here: Tools>Instrument Manager>select the instrument>Edit>Misc tab.
            Attached Files
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
              Hello,

All of your commissions will be calculated through NinjaTrader, not IB, since you are sim trading. Please go to: Tools>Options>Commissions and match the commission input screens that are attached.

Please also go to all of the intruments you are using and set all of their commissions to zero. Do that here: Tools>Instrument Manager>select the instrument>Edit>Misc tab.
              I made the changes you suggested and the commissions were right today.
              I only made one trade . The profit was quite a bit off though . 3 contracts @
              30 cents per = 90 .00 @ target minus 14.40 .. The total net profit says
              165.60 ,so maybe it got filled at a higher price then the target ???

Comment

Not sure what you mean with your @ signs. The commissions are calculated however you have them setup in your Instrument Manager. Ensure you have the commission schedule in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  Not sure what you mean with your @ signs. The commissions are calculated however you have them setup in your Instrument Manager. Ensure you have the commission schedule in place.
                  At this point the commissions are working fine . I was just wondering why when I had a 30 cent target on 3 contracts , the profit were around 150 instead of closer to 90 as I would have expected ?

Comment

Hello,

Please provide a screen shot of what you are looking at.

Comment

Check the entry prices and run manual calculations on the side. Also, where are you viewing your PnL from? Control Center tabs?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post r68cervera  
                      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes