6E contract display problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6E contract display problems

Hi. I just opened NinjaTrader with Zen-Fire and cannot get the 6E 09-08 chart to display properly. Same problem with the 6E 12-08, but no problems with any other contract; all others display properly in chart.
    I just upgraded to the newest version of NinjaTrader. Would that have any effect?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Please check your Instrument Manager to see if you have the instrument in there already.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Also: please try Tools->Options->Misc->Reset instruments and restart NT to see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Yes, I've had 6E 09-08 in the Instrument Manager for the last three weeks. If it wasn't in there then, as I understand it, the chart wouldn't open at all, and it opens, but just doesn't want to display the information properly. It only displays data from the moment I open it, and nothing before, even though I've got it set to 3 days worth of data. Again, this is the only contract behaving this way. All other contracts that I've got in the instrument manager behave properly.

Comment

I've reset instruments and restarted NinjaTrader and I'm getting an error message that reads: Error on loading chart data for '6E 09-08 Globex': The provider cannot determine the Object value. For example, the row was just created, the predetermined value for the Object column was not available and the consumer has not yet established a new Object value.

Comment

Also, I seem to be getting more normal behavior out of a second interval chart but abnormal behavior when I try to open a minute interval chart.
            Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Comment

Close all your charts, reset instrument manager, restart NT, open new charts.

Comment

I am still having the same problem as described below. I've tried all the suggestions, but no result. Again, its just happening on the 6E contract, one that I've been trading, and all is normal on all other contracts.
                Thanks again in advance for any help.

Comment

I don't know what might be causing this. Please make sure you are resetting your database.

Comment

I reset everything that I could reset; instruments, data base etc. and still have this problem. Do I have to reinstall the software?

Comment

To clarify: what exactly is the problem you are observing are per your post #1?

Comment

In a nutshell, I can't get the 6E contract to display properly in a chart. I open a chart with a timeframe, second or minute, with x number of days of data, and it just gives me data from the moment I opened the chart. No previous days data. I can't get the pivot points to display, for example. Sometimes I get the error message I detailed before.
                        These problems only appear on the 6E contract and all others display properly.

Comment

You could try giving it a fresh start and resetting your DB by manually removing the file <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/db/NinjaTrader.mdb.

Note: you will loose all your historical trade data including historical chart data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                          10 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                          Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB