Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charts: Problem with equidistant bar spacing and MLK Holiday Monday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts: Problem with equidistant bar spacing and MLK Holiday Monday.

Hi - I recently set equidistant bar spacing to False on some short term intraday charts so that I could get the timing stamps on the time axis to be consistent. However, with yesterday a holiday for MLK day, when these charts came up today they were all messed up. Monday gap was normal sized, but with no price bars(no surprise, as the market was closed) and any moving averages were horizontal(treading water) until today, when they continued in various directions. The candlestick price bars were jumbled up on the rest of the chart, too.

So, I set equidistant to True, at which time the charts cleaned up. Gap for Monday shrunk to not much, candles were normally shaped and moving average lines were correct.

Question for the NT folks: is this a bug, or is this the way I should expect 'False' to work whenever I encounter a holiday? I like the False setting, cuz timestamps on the chart bottom are even intervals, but don't want the chart to be messed up.

So, what to do, what to do...???

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

The Equidistant Bar Spacing setting would simply enables plotting bars an equal distance from each other. This means the data from Monday would still be absent from the chart, but the bars would each have equal space between them. When set to False, this would not be the case. This would be expected behavior of this setting.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The situation seems to have corrected itself a few days later. On the next day after a holiday, everything is jumbled up a lot. Today, things are normal. Monday <now> just shows a day-sized gap for Monday, with no data present, which is what I would have expected. So, I guess the problem only occurs in the day or two following a holiday and sorts itself out after that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post junkone
      by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes