Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Group multiple charts into ONE window or workspace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caveat_lector
    replied
    After posting this I noticed that this thread is under NinjaTrader 7. However, the problem still exists in NinjaTrader 8 and still needs to be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• caveat_lector
    replied
    This is by far the most glaring problem with NinjaTrader. There are other important issues, but this one is ridiculous. Fixing it should be easy and should have the highest priority above all else, because user-interface compatibility with the Windows operating system and with other programs running under Windows depends on developers following Microsoft guidelines. Microsoft solved the problem that NinjaTrader now has back in the 1980's by designing the Windows operating system so that windows associated with individual programs open within container windows. Since then the Windows operating system has had builtin function-call support to create, delete, maximize, minimize, resize and arrange those windows. It is difficult to understand why NinjaTrader developers went off on a tangent and designed a program intended to run under Windows that doesn't follow Microsoft's most fundamental user-interface guidelines, but whatever the reason, why now, years later, and after repeated user complaints is there such stubborn refusal to make the simple changes needed to use builtin function calls and make the user-interface compatible with Windows and other programs running under Windows, and with the strong added benefit of making NinjaTrader both easier to use and usable in more ways?

Please add my vote for SFT-1433.

Leave a comment:

• Ivantr
    replied
    Post #10 is not a solution, since all Fancy Zones just deals with the layout of the windows, but does not attach them together. So the answer so far is that there is no solution, which is very disappointing. I'm going to have to use another software and broker if this feature is not going to be implemented

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    There are no other solution am aware of other than my previous post and post #10

Leave a comment:

• Ivantr
    replied
    Hi Patrick, thanks for answering but that's not an efficient solution either. If I use Alt+tab to go to another app, I have to do what you said but first I have to minimize all and then retore all. If I don't use alt+tab, I have to do both things too, which is a pain if you have to be changing constantly between apps. Also, the "restore all" function doesn't work well with NT, half of the times I tride in didn't restored all the windows (only have 4, chart, market analyzer, control center, and duperdom). Sometime it randomly doesn't restore one or more windows. Any other solution please?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    You can use the Windows 'restore all' and 'minimize all' feature:
    • Shift+Right click on the NinjaTrader icon in your Windows Task bar
    • Select 'minimize all' or 'restore all' depending on what you're trying to accomplish

Leave a comment:

• Ivantr
    replied
    so there is no workaround at all? when I'm trading, sometimes I want to look up something outside NT or do whatever I need with my computer. I usually use the shortcut ALT+TAB, and its impossible to use this shortcut with NT so I can't go back to my work space as it was at once, I have to "reopen" all the windows one by one. The only way I found is by individually minimizing all the other things I have opened, which is so inefficient. Any solutions please? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    SFT-1433 has not yet been implemented. When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Leave a comment:

• Ivantr
    replied
    Hi, has this already been implemented??

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    takacsj , I've added your vote to SFT-1433

For any future posters in this topic - I will be adding your votes but no longer posting confirmation follow ups.

Leave a comment:

• takacsj
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigron009 View Post

I can imagine no scenario where this has not been elevated to a priority. The trading indicator I use only works with NINJA. They are developing it for Sierra and Think or Swim.
    I sense a kindred spirit. Care to share which indicator it is? Private message me if preferred.

As for me, MZPack for NTv8 and EliteFibs keeps me using NTv8. I have the above previously mentioned trading applications running simultaneously.
    Last edited by takacsj; 10-01-2019, 08:12 PM. Reason: QUOTE syntax incorrect

Leave a comment:

• Bigron009
    replied
    Originally posted by takacsj View Post
    Please add my vote as well. As a former developer myself, I completely understand priorities and unreasonable feature requests etc, but a simple multiple chart in one "window" arrangement has been around in multiple trading applications for several years, maybe even 10 years at least. Amibroker, Think Or Swim, heck even FibonacciTrader (frozen development for many years) has this.

I agree with Bigron009. Think Or Swim does this very well, if you were looking to emulate something.
    I can imagine no scenario where this has not been elevated to a priority. The trading indicator I use only works with NINJA. They are developing it for Sierra and Think or Swim. I'm gone as soon as they get it developed.

Leave a comment:

• takacsj
    replied
    Please add my vote as well. As a former developer myself, I completely understand priorities and unreasonable feature requests etc, but a simple multiple chart in one "window" arrangement has been around in multiple trading applications for several years, maybe even 10 years at least. Amibroker, Think Or Swim, heck even FibonacciTrader (frozen development for many years) has this.

I agree with Bigron009. Think Or Swim does this very well, if you were looking to emulate something.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    Bigron009 , while this feature request has not yet been implemented, we're still tracking interest in it and I have added your vote.

With that said, you may find a work-around in the new Windows tool 'Fancy Zones'. You can find additional information about this tool here:

Leave a comment:

• Bigron009
    replied
    Originally posted by muchacha View Post
    To have multiple charts grouped in one workspace in one monitor is the basic functionality that NT should have. Many other trading platforms have it. I am very surprised that NT does have it. What makes me more disappointed is that I raised this issue to NT a few years ago, but the new NT8 still does not have it. Very disappointed!
    This feature should be a major emphasis for NINJA. I use it all the time on think or Swim. 18 charts on one screen. When I want to maximize a chart it's one click. I would be happy to send a short video showing this.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
9 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
16 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton