Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Group multiple charts into ONE window or workspace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFT-1433 has not yet been implemented. When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

so there is no workaround at all? when I'm trading, sometimes I want to look up something outside NT or do whatever I need with my computer. I usually use the shortcut ALT+TAB, and its impossible to use this shortcut with NT so I can't go back to my work space as it was at once, I have to "reopen" all the windows one by one. The only way I found is by individually minimizing all the other things I have opened, which is so inefficient. Any solutions please? Thanks

Comment

You can use the Windows 'restore all' and 'minimize all' feature:
        • Shift+Right click on the NinjaTrader icon in your Windows Task bar
        • Select 'minimize all' or 'restore all' depending on what you're trying to accomplish

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks for answering but that's not an efficient solution either. If I use Alt+tab to go to another app, I have to do what you said but first I have to minimize all and then retore all. If I don't use alt+tab, I have to do both things too, which is a pain if you have to be changing constantly between apps. Also, the "restore all" function doesn't work well with NT, half of the times I tride in didn't restored all the windows (only have 4, chart, market analyzer, control center, and duperdom). Sometime it randomly doesn't restore one or more windows. Any other solution please?

Comment

There are no other solution am aware of other than my previous post and post #10

Comment

Post #10 is not a solution, since all Fancy Zones just deals with the layout of the windows, but does not attach them together. So the answer so far is that there is no solution, which is very disappointing. I'm going to have to use another software and broker if this feature is not going to be implemented

Comment

This is by far the most glaring problem with NinjaTrader. There are other important issues, but this one is ridiculous. Fixing it should be easy and should have the highest priority above all else, because user-interface compatibility with the Windows operating system and with other programs running under Windows depends on developers following Microsoft guidelines. Microsoft solved the problem that NinjaTrader now has back in the 1980's by designing the Windows operating system so that windows associated with individual programs open within container windows. Since then the Windows operating system has had builtin function-call support to create, delete, maximize, minimize, resize and arrange those windows. It is difficult to understand why NinjaTrader developers went off on a tangent and designed a program intended to run under Windows that doesn't follow Microsoft's most fundamental user-interface guidelines, but whatever the reason, why now, years later, and after repeated user complaints is there such stubborn refusal to make the simple changes needed to use builtin function calls and make the user-interface compatible with Windows and other programs running under Windows, and with the strong added benefit of making NinjaTrader both easier to use and usable in more ways?

Please add my vote for SFT-1433.

Comment

After posting this I noticed that this thread is under NinjaTrader 7. However, the problem still exists in NinjaTrader 8 and still needs to be fixed.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, caveat_lector . I've added your vote.

You're correct - this thread was originally regarding NinjaTrader 7 but has morphed into a NinjaTrader 8 thread. No new features are being added to NinjaTrader 7 so you can assume any feature request would be applied to NinjaTrader 8 only.

Comment

How many "votes" does a feature take to be implemented? The first post was in 2017 and this basic feature is still not implemented? Every issue I have come across I see the same response of some sort of feature request has been sent up.

Comment

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                        • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                        • Feasibility
                        • Developer bandwidth
                        • Current projects in the queue
                        • Economics
                        You'll find the tracking numbers provided in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

I understand the process behind software development. Part of demand would be measured in user "votes" that was my question. Just curious. Is there a list of upcoming features that are being worked on that we can see?

Comment

There are typically no updates about a feature request until it is implemented. We also only typically announce any change or update to the platform ahead of time if it is quite major. The recent example I can think of is the introduction of the Order Flow+ suite of tools. There is no public-facing resource to view upcoming changes.

You'll find implemented features in the release notes:

Comment

Originally posted by Ivantr View Post
                              Hi Patrick, thanks for answering but that's not an efficient solution either. If I use Alt+tab to go to another app, I have to do what you said but first I have to minimize all and then retore all. If I don't use alt+tab, I have to do both things too, which is a pain if you have to be changing constantly between apps. Also, the "restore all" function doesn't work well with NT, half of the times I tride in didn't restored all the windows (only have 4, chart, market analyzer, control center, and duperdom). Sometime it randomly doesn't restore one or more windows. Any other solution please?
                              Hi,

I suggest you to use Dexpot...it's an app that let you create multiple desktops so you can have i.e. in desktop 1 browser and other software and in the desktop 2 only Ninjatrader with the windows arranged as you prefer. You can jump from one to the other with one click. Very efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                                There are typically no updates about a feature request until it is implemented. We also only typically announce any change or update to the platform ahead of time if it is quite major. The recent example I can think of is the introduction of the Order Flow+ suite of tools. There is no public-facing resource to view upcoming changes.

You'll find implemented features in the release notes:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                                Hi Patrick, please add my vote too for this important feature that need to be added (I hope).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                                11 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jeronymite  
                                Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                                8 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bill2023