Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Group multiple charts into ONE window or workspace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group multiple charts into ONE window or workspace?

Can you Group multiple charts into ONE window or workspace? I can create 4 individual charts with different time frames but if you click one or something else others will disappear from the screen and I don't want to make them "stay on top/forefront" feature.

Same can be done in IB, see chart where I can group several into one window workspace
    Attached Files

Hello caltrader,

Thanks for writing in today.

While there is no feature for a window container in NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8, it might be a reasonable idea to create a workspace with the window arrangements of the charts that you would like to group together. You may have multiple workspaces open at once and you may use that workspace as a container to pull up your charts in a group.

Please consider the following steps:
    1. Create a new Workspace by clicking File > Workspace > New Workspace
    2. Create the charts you would like to arrange in your workspace container by clicking File > New > Chart for each chart
    3. Arrange the charts to your liking by modifying the borders of the chart window
    4. Save your workspace container by clicking File > Workspaces > Save Workspace As...
    5. After saving the workspace, you may switch between your open workspaces by selecting each workspace by name under the File > Workspaces context menu.

NinjaTrader 7 is in a feature-freeze and we are no longer taking feature requests for NinjaTrader 7. If you would like to familiarize yourself with NinjaTrader 8 and still have interest in this feature, we may submit a feature request to the development team for consideration in a future release of NinjaTrader.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
      Hello caltrader,

Thanks for writing in today.

While there is no feature for a window container in NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8, it might be a reasonable idea to create a workspace with the window arrangements of the charts that you would like to group together. You may have multiple workspaces open at once and you may use that workspace as a container to pull up your charts in a group.

Please consider the following steps:
      1. Create a new Workspace by clicking File > Workspace > New Workspace
      2. Create the charts you would like to arrange in your workspace container by clicking File > New > Chart for each chart
      3. Arrange the charts to your liking by modifying the borders of the chart window
      4. Save your workspace container by clicking File > Workspaces > Save Workspace As...
      5. After saving the workspace, you may switch between your open workspaces by selecting each workspace by name under the File > Workspaces context menu.

NinjaTrader 7 is in a feature-freeze and we are no longer taking feature requests for NinjaTrader 7. If you would like to familiarize yourself with NinjaTrader 8 and still have interest in this feature, we may submit a feature request to the development team for consideration in a future release of NinjaTrader.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
      How can I open WorkSpace 1 on Monitor 1 and workspace 2 on monitor_2?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for writing back.

To have one workspace open on one monitor and one workspace open on another monitor, the window positions for the workspace you want on your second monitor must be saved to that workspace.

This will show Workspace 1's charts on monitor 1, and Workspace 2's charts on Monitor 2. There is no functionality to view two open workspaces at once so you must add those charts that belong to Workspace 2 to Workspace 1 in order to view those charts at the same time.

There is no functionality to view two open workspaces at once. The workspaces must be combined.

For educational information on using workspaces, I will link you to our help documentation and Youtube tutorial videos.

Managing Workspaces - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...workspaces.htm

Workspace 101 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nHA05hVBf0

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Comment

To have multiple charts grouped in one workspace in one monitor is the basic functionality that NT should have. Many other trading platforms have it. I am very surprised that NT does have it. What makes me more disappointed is that I raised this issue to NT a few years ago, but the new NT8 still does not have it. Very disappointed!

Comment

Hello muchacha,

Thanks for writing in.

If you strongly desire to have multiple open workspaces to populate your monitors instead of of one main workspace that contains all of the charts, we may submit a feature request for this feature.

Submitting a new or an additional feature request does not guarantee that a feature gets implemented in the next revision of NinjaTrader. If the feature proves to be critical or it adds some functionality that was not possible, it may get stronger preference than one that just changes organization.

Please let me know if you would like me to submit a feature request on your behalf.

Comment

http://www.tradingacademy.com/lessons/wp-content/uploads/desktop.jpg

hello,

i would like to see this feature as well.
              i found a pic online that shows exactly what i would like to see in NT8.

thank you

Comment

Hello spa.jansen,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to our Support Forums!

This feature request has been submitted to our development team with the ticket ID SFT-1433.

You may observe the feature request's implementation in the release notes of the version of NinjaTrader 8 which contains this feature. You may also write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the ticket ID to request a status update on the feature.

The release notes can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback to improve NinjaTrader!

Comment

Originally posted by muchacha View Post
                  To have multiple charts grouped in one workspace in one monitor is the basic functionality that NT should have. Many other trading platforms have it. I am very surprised that NT does have it. What makes me more disappointed is that I raised this issue to NT a few years ago, but the new NT8 still does not have it. Very disappointed!
                  This feature should be a major emphasis for NINJA. I use it all the time on think or Swim. 18 charts on one screen. When I want to maximize a chart it's one click. I would be happy to send a short video showing this.

Comment

Bigron009 , while this feature request has not yet been implemented, we're still tracking interest in it and I have added your vote.

With that said, you may find a work-around in the new Windows tool 'Fancy Zones'. You can find additional information about this tool here:

Comment

Please add my vote as well. As a former developer myself, I completely understand priorities and unreasonable feature requests etc, but a simple multiple chart in one "window" arrangement has been around in multiple trading applications for several years, maybe even 10 years at least. Amibroker, Think Or Swim, heck even FibonacciTrader (frozen development for many years) has this.

I agree with Bigron009. Think Or Swim does this very well, if you were looking to emulate something.

Comment

Originally posted by takacsj View Post
                        Please add my vote as well. As a former developer myself, I completely understand priorities and unreasonable feature requests etc, but a simple multiple chart in one "window" arrangement has been around in multiple trading applications for several years, maybe even 10 years at least. Amibroker, Think Or Swim, heck even FibonacciTrader (frozen development for many years) has this.

I agree with Bigron009. Think Or Swim does this very well, if you were looking to emulate something.
                        I can imagine no scenario where this has not been elevated to a priority. The trading indicator I use only works with NINJA. They are developing it for Sierra and Think or Swim. I'm gone as soon as they get it developed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigron009 View Post

I can imagine no scenario where this has not been elevated to a priority. The trading indicator I use only works with NINJA. They are developing it for Sierra and Think or Swim.
                          I sense a kindred spirit. Care to share which indicator it is? Private message me if preferred.

As for me, MZPack for NTv8 and EliteFibs keeps me using NTv8. I have the above previously mentioned trading applications running simultaneously.
                          Last edited by takacsj; 10-01-2019, 08:12 PM. Reason: QUOTE syntax incorrect

Comment

takacsj , I've added your vote to SFT-1433

For any future posters in this topic - I will be adding your votes but no longer posting confirmation follow ups.

Comment

Hi, has this already been implemented??

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              0 responses