workspaces do not close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

workspaces do not close

It seems that workspaces do not properly close - or that they are not completely independent. I have a number of workspaces to monitor different markets. When I start NT it "restores" all of them - I would expect it to restore only the last one closed - or the default. Anyway - I of course do not know what it is doing when it "restores". The problem is that I have only one workspace open at a time - but I get alerts from indicators popping up which are on charts in a different (closed) workspace. I have checked to make sure that the indicators are not attached to any of the charts I have open.
    A second problem is that the "L" button does not seem to work as expected. I am referring to the "link through colors" button here. When I open a new Superdom - and want to link it to an existing chart when I change the color on the chart the chart itself changes to a different instrument. I assume it is changing to the instrument with which that color is associated on some closed chart in a closed workspace. Surely this is not what is supposed to happen?

Hello verge,

Most likely, you have these workspaces opened in the 'background'. Please go to File-->Workspaces and under "Save Workspace As" you will see all opened workspaces. Workspaces that are opened in the background are operative. Please select the workspaces opened in the background one at a time and go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace.

Check if the second issue persists while having no other workspaces opened in the background.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great - that worked

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello verge,

Most likely, you have these workspaces opened in the 'background'. Please go to File-->Workspaces and under "Save Workspace As" you will see all opened workspaces. Workspaces that are opened in the background are operative. Please select the workspaces opened in the background one at a time and go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace.

Check if the second issue persists while having no other workspaces opened in the background.
      Thanks Jason - that worked

I don't know if it is just me but it was not obvious that I have more than one workspace open. - Anyway - May I suggest that you add a "cancel" button to the close workspace dialog - at the moment you can select either yes or no.

Verge

Comment

Hello Verge,

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses