Barchart.com Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barchart.com Trial

I'm in need a new data provider now that opentick no longer provides NYSE Index data.

Barchart.com offers a two week free trial of their service on their web site, but no opportunity to sign up for the feed that interfaces with NT.

The NT web site has a signup page for Barchart.com, but no offer of the two week trial.

Based on past experiences, mostly bad, I'm a little hesitant to commit to a new data feed without the chance to test it first. Is the two week trial available for the NT/Barchart.com combination, and if so how do I enroll?

Hi ClayB1:

Thank you for your post and interest in using Barchart.com with NinjaTrader.

Barchart.com does not have an official 2 week free trial for use with NinjaTrader.

You may sign up for Barchart.com data service from the link below and their prices start at $45 per month:

As mentioned, Barchart.com does not have an official 2 week free trial, but if you sign up for service and wish to cancel after 2 weeks, please let us know and let Barchart.com know. Barchart.com has excellent customer service and they will work with you on either resolving your inquiry about thier data and/or open to providing a refund if not satisfied.

Please let me know if I can help you get started with Barchart.com data for NinjaTrader. You may send me a note to sales @ ninjatrader dot com with the Attn: Ryan.

Enjoy your day and happy trading!
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just signed up to receive data from Barchart.com and there are two oddities.

First, even though I am clearly connected to the datafeed, there is no confirmation of this in the control center. In other words, no green bar with black text which says "Connected - Barchart.com" just below the drop down menu. My other datafeed does show connected.

I signed up for Barchart.com primarily to receive NYSE $TICK data. I am receiving data using the TICK symbol from the Instrument Manager, but it doesn't appear to be $TICK data. The range only varies from about +100 to -100. I removed the TICK symbol from my instrument list and added it back, tried creating a new TICK chart from scratch, etc., all to no avail.

Help, please

Comment

Hi ClayB1:

That is interesting about the connection.

Are you connecting to two datafeeds at the same time?

Let's try the following to resolve both of your inquiries.

1. Disconnect from Barchart.com and your other datafeed.
        2. From the NT Control Center, go to Tools > Options > Misc tab and choose 'Reset Instrument List'.
        3. Shutdown NT and restart the software.
        4. Connect to Barchart.com. Does it appear with the green connection light at the bottom left?
        5. Connect to your other datafeed.
        6. Select your $Tick index, does the data appear correct?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
          Hi ClayB1:

That is interesting about the connection.

Are you connecting to two datafeeds at the same time?

Let's try the following to resolve both of your inquiries.

1. Disconnect from Barchart.com and your other datafeed.
          2. From the NT Control Center, go to Tools > Options > Misc tab and choose 'Reset Instrument List'.
          3. Shutdown NT and restart the software.
          4. Connect to Barchart.com. Does it appear with the green connection light at the bottom left?
          5. Connect to your other datafeed.
          6. Select your $Tick index, does the data appear correct?
          I have the same problem - I have done everything on the list, but still only get incorrect historical data (all values around 100-110). Here's a screenshot:

Comment

Hi fifty2aces:

I replied to your post here:

Also, try right clicking on the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'.

Comment

Same Boat

I am a Open Tick customer and this weekend they moved their hardware (moving historical data data server from Texas to New York). Actually, I have been able to receive NYSE technical information by going into the Instrument Manager and manually inputting the info for TICK, TRIN, ...)

As of Monday this data as well as the CBOT eminis are not providing data information and the emini S&P intra-day data for 07/25 is corrupted.

Please provide any information regarding a reliable data provider just in case OpenTick cannot resolve in a timely manner.

Anyone with comments on their providers (reliability, affordability) please reply.
              Last edited by spz_trader; 07-30-2008, 08:53 AM. Reason: additional information

Comment

Hi spz_trader:

Barchart.com is a high quality yet low cost data service that can drive NinjaTrader.

Click here for details on using Barchart.com:

Comment

Ryan,

Yes, I am connecting to two datafeeds at the same time.

If I connect to Zen-Fire first and Barcharts.com next, then Zen-Fire shows connected, but not Barcharts.com. If I connect to Barcharts.com first and Zen-Fire next, then Barcharts.com shows connected, but not Zen-Fire.

When I am connected to Zen-Fire and opentick both show connected, so this odd behavior seems to be isolated to Barcharts.com.

I followed all your suggestions and the data is still incorrect. It looks exactly like the .jpg posted by fifty2aces. My chart is updating in realtime, but the data is clearly wrong.

Comment

Hi Clayb1:

Thank you for replying.

Perhaps we are looking at ether two different indices or expecting data as a different index.

The data we are displaying from Barchart.com is correct. Click here for the data from Barchart.com for the Tick index:

I do agree with you in regards to the index ranging between -600 and 1000. I will consult with Barchart.com and verify which instrument needs to be created in NinjaTrader to receive the data you seek for this instrument.

Comment

Thank you for your speedy response.

The NYSE TICK data that NinjaTrader is displaying is indeed the same as that displayed on the Barcharts.com web site.

NYSE TICK data generally ranges between +/- 1200.

Clearly, Barcharts.com is transmitting incorrect data for the NYSE TICK index, or as you suggested, there is an incorrect symbol mapping somewhere along the way.

Any progress troubleshooting the inconsistencies with the green "Connected" indicator when using the barcharts.com data feed?

I hope we can get this fixed as soon as possible, as there was no free trial for Barcharts.com data when signing up through the NinjaTrader web site and I have now been billed for a month of service for a datafeed which is unusable.

Comment

Contacted Barchart and advised they do not carry the CBOE (SPX, VIX,..)

Comment

Hi Clayb1:

Thank you for your reply.

I have contacted Barchart.com and thier development team will be working to resolve the NYSE Tick inquiry.

As per your connection inquiry, let's try this.

When you have a moment, please disconnect from all datafeeds.

Go to Tools > Options > Misc tab and choose 'Repair DB'.

Close NinjaTrader and restart the software.

Re-create the account connections again using instructions from the link below:

Now, try connecting to both at the same time.

If the problem persists, please send us an email to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this post. Our support team will follow up with the inquiry and can consult me for further details if necessary.

Enjoy your day!

Comment

Thank you for your response Ryan.

Do you have an estimate of how long it might take to receive a response/fix from Barcharts.com - hours, days, weeks?

The expense of paying for an unusable data provider is insignificant compared to lost income from not being able to trade until the problem is solved.

If Barcharts.com is unable/unwilling to address this problem in a timely manner, then I need to make arrangements to find another datafeed as soon as possible.

Comment

Clay,

Have you been advised by OpenTick they will no longer carry the NYSE technical symbols (tick, trin, uvol,...)

Initially they responded to my support emails, but have not answered in the last two days. As far as alternate data providers Elite trader (trader reviews) is a good source.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh