Buy Limit order above price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Limit order above price

Hello, my apology if this topic has been already answered, i couldn't find it though.
    The other day I accidentaly clicked with left mouse button in the Buy column above price (BUY LIMIT order). I wanted to place BUY STOP, my mistake (know it is a middle button). It was immediately filled. Understandable, but I was suprised that order went through without any warning from NT. While trying to place BUY STOP below price didn't go trough as NT didn't allow me, letting me know that order can't be placed (I did it purposely to see what happens).
    What I would like to know why isn't platform doing the same with LIMIT order, is there some purpose ? As human being I make mistakes so I would appreciate if the NT could block me from putting 'nonsense' order as it does with STOP order.
    thanks for your answer in advance

This is because limit orders can be placed above the Market they just become what are referred to as a marketable Limit orders. It is a valid order type and therefore would not trigger an error.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
      This is because limit orders can be placed above the Market they just become what are referred to as a marketable Limit orders. It is a valid order type and therefore would not trigger an error.
      Correct, so how do you place a buy order above price to only get filled if price goes up to hit it? What is that order type called and how do you set it up?

Thank you,
      Daniel

Comment

Stop orders

Neoikon,

Thank you for your post.

You can click the middle mouse button to place Buy stop limits and Sell stop limits, and you can hold down the CTRL key while middle mouse clicking to place stop orders. When you place a stop limit order, it will give you an offset amount, and you can choose how much slippage you want to allow for the order.

Here is a video link to how to place orders on the DOM: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/m...ing-Orders.htm
        Caleb S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes