how to save chart annotations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to save chart annotations

On many of my charts, i draw trend lines, make notes and add other markers. When my computer rebooted recently, i found these are not saved on the charts, even when using the 'Save Template' function. Is there a way to save all this work?

If you don't close the chart it will be persevered. Other than that there is no way.

If you don't want the window cluttering your screen but would still like the studies you can try using multiple workspaces. I believe that will work.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      If you don't close the chart it will be persevered. Other than that there is no way.

If you don't want the window cluttering your screen but would still like the studies you can try using multiple workspaces. I believe that will work.
      This is a basic feature of just about any chart program. This is just another example of how NinjaTrader has a horrible user interface.

Comment

Originally posted by cunparis View Post
        This is a basic feature of just about any chart program. This is just another example of how NinjaTrader has a horrible user interface.
        Why would you use it if you do not like it.........?

Why not get Ensign or Tradestation.......?

Sometimes we just have to get by with the cards we are dealt...........

Comment

Originally posted by daveM View Post
          Why would you use it if you do not like it.........?

Why not get Ensign or Tradestation.......?

Sometimes we just have to get by with the cards we are dealt...........
          I don't use it for charting, this is exactly my point. I'm using it only for backtesting. I'd like to use it for everything (and pay the license fee) but I will wait until it meets all my needs.

If enough people complain, maybe they will make NT more usable? If no one complains then they'll probably not change it.
          Last edited by cunparis; 10-21-2008, 08:38 AM.

Comment

mebbe use snagit to make pics of your charts to refer to......

I think you are probably making notations for your backtesting to make adjustments to your program..... snagit would be helpful. you can set it to take pics with a timer also....... and then mark them up later

Comment

Originally posted by daveM View Post
              mebbe use snagit to make pics of your charts to refer to......

I think you are probably making notations for your backtesting to make adjustments to your program..... snagit would be helpful. you can set it to take pics with a timer also....... and then mark them up later
              Actually I like to draw in trendlines to plan out my swing trades. I'm currently using QuoteTracker for this purpose.

Comment

From my experience . we do not have to complain too much...... the support staff is on a mission to offer rapid replies and to educate the users and to modify the software as fast as they can.

I am not too sure as to the age of Ninja...... but in the past year or so there seems to have been huge progress made to compete with the best charting platforms...

I bet that the new version is going to be full of good surprises......... in the meantime we have to cope with what we have.... and considering the price. seems pretty good.....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ScottWalsh