Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Platform Shuts down while trading.

Dear Sir or Madam
    Thank you for giving time to consider this.
    I bought a new laptop, to use it for trading only.
    Lastly while I uploaded the strategy and was executing my strategy via Market Reply, in the middle of the running, my platform suddenly just went out from the screen. it shuts down completely while I was in the middle of a trade.
    I know that you will doubt the strategy code but I am sure it is not from the strateg since this last was developed by an expert coder and used for several months on my previous laptop more I tried it on other job laptop and worked very well.
    I re-open the platform and works for 3 min and shuts down again.
    2nd time I uninstalled the platform from scratch ... this time it worked for 2 hours then the same problem repeated itself again.
    After the shut down, I try to re-open NT, it won't open so I re-install it from scratch
    3 th time I uninstalled the platform from deep scratch, with deleting all paths means users,my documents, ninja trader7 . where all the history indicators logs .... were deleted. re installed the platform from new link via your website to be sure that nothing from the past will be related to this problem ... upload the strategy and it give me the same issue..
    I do not know what to do. I cannot use my platform at all anymore.
    What Can I do.. Please help

Hello Yassine.Chetouani,

Thank you for your patience.

Please send us an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the log and trace files using the instructions below and reference this thread in the body of the email. Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Yassine.Chetouani,

Please send us an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the log and trace files using the instructions below and reference this thread in the body of the email. Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so I may investigate this matter further.
      • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
      • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email.
      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to assisting you further.
      Done. Please Check it.
      I sent the necessary information as I was instructed.
      Thank you

Comment

Hello Yassine.Chetouani,

The Trace file shows the following message:
        There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file. [ C:\Users\ramsi\OneDrive\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf ]
        This is seen in cases where another process, such as security or backup software, is accessing the files NinjaTrader uses.
        If you use back up software please do not run back ups on NinjaTrader folders and files when NinjaTrader is running. For security software you can look into adding exceptions or exclusions for the the file folders for NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Dear Mr. Patrick.

With reference to your mail, I want to inform you that I figured out the problem lately.
          The problem seems to be that the windows 10 one drive try to sync the NT files at the same time with the NT platform backup which create the shut down.
          So, What I did, is to change the sittings of One drive backup and exclude all the NT7 files from Sync package. and reset. ... till now it seems working for 20 min without a problem.
          Just Great you assistance.
          Thank you so Much.
          Best Regards,
          Yassine.

Comment

Originally posted by Yassine.Chetouani View Post
            The problem seems to be that the windows 10 one drive try to sync the NT files at the same time with the NT platform backup which create the shut down.
            Which brand of laptop was this? It sounds like it came from the manufacturer configured this way?

Comment

exactly.. MSI Laptop...
              but I believe the traders will face the same issue as soon as the laptop supports the Windows 10/8.. with one drive cloud sync included. ...
              Just keep it in your mind this, and hope the persons who will have this issue will be able to read this post...
              because I suffered so much to overcome this issue..
              Thank you all,

Comment

Hello Yassine.Chetouani,

Thank you for your response.

You make a good point on the OneDrive item. For those that do move to Windows 10 or are not familiar with this you can find information on disabling OneDrive or setting up for specific folders at the links below.
                Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post alifarahani  
                Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post mmckinnm