Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

EnterLongStopLimit() and EnterShortStopOrder()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnterLongStopLimit() and EnterShortStopOrder()

Can one enter an order of type stop "into" the price action?

Like such:
    Code:

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]ShortOrderObj = EnterShortStopLimit([/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]true[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], DefaultQuantity, ShortOrderPrice, ShortOrderPrice, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"GoShort"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]);
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    For example:
    The current closing price is @ 1220. and I place an order using the above code @ 1219.

It seems that I get the following error:
    Code:
    7/15/2008 12:21:00 AM Entered internal PlaceOrder() method at 7/15/2008 12:21:00 AM: Action=SellShort OrderType=StopLimit Quantity=1 LimitPrice=1219.00 StopPrice=1219.00 SignalName='GoShort' FromEntrySignal=''
    7/15/2008 12:21:00 AM Ignored PlaceOrder() method at 7/15/2008 12:21:00 AM: Action=SellShort OrderType=StopLimit Quantity=1 LimitPrice=1219.00 StopPrice=1219.00 SignalName=GoShort' FromEntrySignal='' Reason='An Enter() method to submit an entry order has been ignore. Please search on the term 'Internal Order Handling Rules' in the Help Guide for detailed explanation.'

The error you are getting is most likely unrelated to whether or not you can put the order at that given price point. If it does not like the price point it will give you an error along the lines of cannot place stop order below market or above depending on the type of order.

Please check out this article since you are running into contention with one of the rules here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview36.html
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will look into it more closely and will let you know what I find.

I did notice that I was submitting a duplicate order in that case and found other logic problems that happen when testing on other than tick as well as data with gapping bars.

Just to be clear can I issue an order to EnterSellShortLimit when the limit price I am issuing is Lower than the current close price, while at the same time my marketposition is long?

-Lars

Comment

I am not sure if that is a valid exchange order, but I THINK it is. Give it a shot in sim and see what happens.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses