Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

candle change the next day on H4

Hello

I don't know if this problem is related to the platform or to my broker. It is a problem I see only on H4 charts. The next day, when I open the charts, I see that previous day candles are changed. So, for example, if I saw a hammer on the H4 yesterday and I open today the charts, the hammes is not there and is another type of candlestick.

This is a problem for doing backtest on H4, because the historial pin bars probably wasn't pin bars in real time.

I see this problem only on H4 charts. Why is this happening?

Thanks!

Hello marcopicos,

When you mention H4 are you referring to an expiry month?

What is the instrument and expiry you have loaded on your chart? (for example ES 03-17)

What is the bar type and interval you have selected on the chart?

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello marcopicos,

When you mention H4 are you referring to an expiry month?

No, I mean that each candle last 4 hours between open and close.

What is the instrument and expiry you have loaded on your chart? (for example ES 03-17)

Any forex pair, for example EURGBP or any other. Usually this happens on the crosses, not on majors.

What is the bar type and interval you have selected on the chart?

4hours, candlesticks.

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

NinjaTrader FXCM

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      No error messages.

Comment

Could you provide a screenshot example of what you're describing?

You mention that it only happens on 240m charts. Does it not occur on, for example, a 120 minute chart?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Learn how to use Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, Today, 01:01 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby