Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recover workspace from previous license

Hello,

I had a workspace with a live license that had quite a large number of automated strategies running on it, and it was recently changed to a demo license while we're waiting to renew the live license...I noticed after doing this and reinstalling Ninja that the workspace with my saved strategies was deleted -- is there a way I can recover it, or will I have to go through and re-add all the strategies and settings again for the new workspace? I checked in the Ninja Documents workspace folder and there are no previous workspace versions I can restore.

Hello LightWeight,

Thank you for your post,

If you right click in the Control Center's Strategies tab > New Strategy, are you able to select your custom strategy, or only default sample strategies?

Your saved workspaces, custom indicators and settings are actually stored in the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.

When performing the uninstall/reinstall, was this folder manually removed as well?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello LightWeight,

Thank you for your post,

If you right click in the Control Center's Strategies tab > New Strategy, are you able to select your custom strategy, or only default sample strategies?

Your saved workspaces, custom indicators and settings are actually stored in the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.

When performing the uninstall/reinstall, was this folder manually removed as well?

My strategies are in the folder and can be pulled up, but the settings for all them are back to default 1 minute settings. The main issue is that I had about 250 strategies saved in the workspace so that all I had to do was "enable all", and now obviously they're not there anymore, and it will take hours to manually add each one back in and then establish the correct default settings for them again. This is in NT7 btw.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

The items in the Control Center's Strategies tab are not saved as part of the workspace, rather they are stored in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db > "NinjaTraader.sdf" database file. So while restoring your workspace will get your charts and other items back, it will not restore the strategies tab.

I suggest first checking your Recycle bin to see if you can restore these items from there in case they were deleted. If not, try going to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore to see if you can restore to a point before they were removed.

You can also check for a NinjaTrader backup file as well. By default, the backup files are found at my Documents > Ninjatrader 7 Backup (to restore, in NinjaTrader: File > Utilities > Restore...).

If none of these are available, unfortunately you will need to manually recreate.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
        6 responses