Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem loading charts using IB

Hey,
    I have some issue loading charts on NT using IB.
    I read through forums and saw similar issues, but didn't find a suitable and solid solution.

When I try to load a graph, I get the error: "Historical Market Data Service error message: No market data permissions for AMEX STK (when I try to load SPY).

For other securities it writes: "Nasdaq, Nyse" etc.

So a few questions: what is the latest version of TWS that NT7 officially supports?

Provided, this is not a version related issue, how should I move on from here?

Thanks

Hello DimaFridrich,

Thank you for writing in,

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information, including the supported version of TWS.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

If the error message persists, what it indicates is that the data feed isn't enabled for the market you're trying to get data for. I suggest pulling up the instrument in TWS as well to verify you are enabled.

If needed, more information on setting up a custom symbol in Interactive Brokers can be found below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=45833

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Eric,
      Unfortunately nothing is working, but I had some progress at some point.

Using TWS 644.4 didn't change anything. The result was the same (for FB symbol for instance): "FB Default: Historical Market Data Service error message: No market data permissions for AMEX STK"..

After trying to add "Nasdaq" exchange for FB, the first error message has changed to:
      "200 No security definition has been found for the request." (both IB end error messages btw).

After consulting with IB and making sure all works on their end (and the fact I can load any symbol on TWS without any problems and get the most updates price data proves this), I figured out that the second error message has to do this time with SMART routing IB utilize.

Somehow, I figured out that by typing "FB SMART" in Ninja, I suddenly could load FB graph.

However, there is a big BUT:
      a. the data loaded only til Dec 2016
      b. Now it's not working once again and I get to the initial error message: " "FB Default: Historical Market Data Service error message: No market data permissions for AMEX STK"

I don't have a clue why Ninja tries to load FB with a Default exchange though in Instrument manager setting I made sure to include Nasdaq in the symbol exchange list.. tried also to un-check "default" and leave only "Nasdaq", but after pressing "ok" and reopening the symbol again in the manger I found out that "default" gets checked again (probably by Ninja)..

Anyways, now I am back to the initial situations when nothing works. But now I know for sure that the first error message has something to do with Exchange conf\configurations (which I cannot figure out) and the second with SMART routing (which I don't want to give up on)

Please help!
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

I think I found the problem. This has to do with IB, as on my Live account all worked just perfectly. I should resolve it with them in regards to DEMO one (probably some data related issue)

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm glad it sounds as if you found the source of the problem. More often than naught the error you were receiving is due to the account not being set up with the proper 'enablements'.

This can normally be checked through the provider though most times if the account in use is a demo account there are less enablments possible than a normal account.

Please let us know if we may assist further on this.
          Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Aviram Y  
          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
          3 responses