Multie accounts not placing trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multie accounts not placing trades

Hi . .. I have just set up 3 extra sub accounts .....all up now i have 4 .. .I can get trades to go on the original account but no trades seem to go on in the new sub accounts . . .what is happening here please ?? all seems to be connected the same ...

Can I have someone remote support as I feel its needed have tried everything

Can you please verify you setup your account group according to the instructions in the link below.

Note, cancellations and order modifications will not be replicated. You will need to open up an order entry window for each sub-account to manage the entry order submitted from your entry order window that has the account group selected.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I am assisting trademan who had an original MB account and added 3 additional accounts to make 4 total. He was also provided a master login from MB. To clarify, trademan does not want to trade the same strategy against all 4 accounts at once, but rather he wants to trade a single chart/strategy/instrument against a separate account. For example, one chart might trade the $EURUSD using strategy X on account 1 and another chart might trade $EURJPY using strategy Y on account 2, using the same NinjaTrader multibroker subscription and MB master login.

When using master login, he can see all the accounts have cash value, however, none have buying power. When applying a strategy to a chart, any one of the 4 accounts can be selected, but only the original account is able to trade.

Does NinjaTrader + MB work in this single logon/multiple account configuration or is it an account setup issue he should take up with MB?

Thanks,

Whitmark
      whitmark
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

We haven't tested a multi account setup with MBT. But as long as you see all MBT accounts in your connection you should be able to trade them (from NT's end). If not, then this likely is a MBT restriction in which event you should contact MBT support.

Comment

Well, let's consider this a test then and there seems is an issue. The irony, of course, is that MBT Supports says its an NinjaTrader issue. Trademan's goal is to limit the exposure of any one operating strategy to the balance of the account in the unlikely event the strategy takes a large intra-trade drawdown. It's an idea that has merit vs running many strategies on a single account and risking the entire account.

What do you propose the next step are to confirm whether this is a functionality or a configuration issue? Trademan is willing to work directly with NT Support to test and resolve this.

Thanks,

Whitmark
          whitmark

Comment

Great, in case your customer would be willing to let us place trades (e.g. just 1 lot trades on MSFT) on his MBT live (sub) account(s), then please send me his account credentials to "dierk AT ninjatrader DOT com".

Comment

Thanks Dierk, trademan will contact you directly with that info.

Regards,

Whitmark
              whitmark

Comment

Hello,

Has this issue been solved?

I have a manual intraday strategy which must be, some times during the day, long and short (EURUSD) at the same time, so I can not (I supose, or am I wrong) trade it from one account, but need 2 accounts?
                As NT only provides IB, MB or GAIN (by the way, is AMP forex suported or not) for forex trading I thought I would open 2 MB accounts for this strategy, but I must be shure this will work with NT!

Can someone please confirme that it is possible to trade several MB accounts trough NT from 1 computer? Or is it only possible to trade several accounts if the accounts are from several different brokers??

If it is possible, are there any instructions to acomplish this

Thanks

Comment

Issue below will be resolved with next NT6.5 update (will be available soon).

Comment

Hello Dierk,

How soon will the update apear?? days, weeks, month

What type of accounts will be suported?

I mean, should I open several individual (independent) MB accounts or should I open 1master account with several sub account like comented in this post by the other user?

Sorry, never traded with MB, so don't know what type of accounts they have and which ones will be compatible to run all on one NT.

By the way, how many account (maximum) will be suported?

Will there be documentation aveilable with the new update, addressing this type of set up?

Comment

You posted on a thread which dealt with an issue on NT. This issue will be resolved with next NT update soon (1-2 weeks). Not what what's unclear there.

Please contact MBT support to understand what account types they support. Unfortunately we don't have this information available.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post terofs
                      by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes