Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick Data

Hi,

Recently transitioned to Kinetick for the tick data, and all is well, However, I'm limited in historical data, the weekly and monthly time frames only go back 14 months, which isn't good enough. I read somewhere its a lot more and I need it as I swing trade for a different portfolio as well as day trade. I'm sure its a simple fix, is there a box that needs ticking or something? For clarification, the weekly and monthly charts are not in tick data format, just the usual standard bars and yes in the template I have requested enough days to cover the time period. Its at 5000 give or take

Looking forward to the response
    Last edited by dawillsta; 02-24-2017, 02:35 PM.

Hello dawillsta,

Thank you for the note.

When requesting tick data between the hours of 9:30am ET to 4:30pm ET you will have access to 8 days of historical tick data. If you request the data outside those hours the full 180 days is available. After you request the data, it will be downloaded to your historical database and cache, and you will be able to access this data at any time.

Requesting tick data consumes an extremely large amount of bandwidth and heightens data server loads. When bandwidth or server load is elevated to high levels, the result is that all data, including live data can be slowed down. We decided to make 180 days of tick data available, far more than other providers, and will not compromise the data by filtering it. We simply reduce any possibilities of overloading servers and bandwidth by limiting the amount of data available during peak trading time; the times that traders need data to be as fast as possible.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Appreciate the response, but did you read my question. NOT TICK DATA, im happy with that, I only go back 10 days, that's fine. I'm talking about STANDARD historical data is only going back 14 months, which seems an odd amount anyhow......

thanks

Comment

Hello dawillsta,

If you reduce the amount of data being requested does the chart load?

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

No log errors,for swing trading I don't use tick charts, its a different workspace. Instrument is the e-mini 03-17 contract.

Thanks

Comment

Hello dawillsta,

Please reset the instruments.

NinjaTrader 7:

To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
            Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
            Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.
            In NinjaTrader 8:

To reset your instruments, follow the steps below.

Disconnect from any active datafeed: Navigate to the Control Center > Connections menu, left-click the ‘disconnect’ button that appears to the right of any active connection.
            Reset your instruments: Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window, left-click to expand the ‘Update instrument lists’ section, ensure ‘Predefined instrument lists’ is checked, then left-click the Update button that appears just to the right of the two options in this section.
            Restart NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Appreciate your help and quick response, it hasn't worked..........

Comment

Hello dawillsta,

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=96794

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes