Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saved Workspace No Show

Hi,

As of yesterday, my saved work space doesn't show up on the screen. I even did a Restore thinking maybe it was corrupted. The Restore was successful according to Ninjatrader but still my saved workspace doesn't show up on the screen. Please help.

Hello stocksrus411,

Can you please check if you see the workspace name of your workspace reflected in the upper left corner of the Control Center? If not, please open the workspace at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace. If already opened, the workspace is likely opened in the background. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check the workspaces below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor(s). Please select a workspace without a checkmark and check if your charts and other windows appear.

If you do see the workspace name, it indicates the workspace is opened. However, if no chart appears in the Windows task bar, it indicates the workspace was not saved with the chart.

This can happen if you shut down NinjaTrader via the Windows task bar. If you right click NinjaTrader in the Windows task bar and select Close, it will close all charts and other windows first and subsequently you will be prompted to save your workspace. If you now click Yes, the workspace will be saved without the charts and other windows.

You can restore your workspace if you have a backup file that contains your workspace saved with your charts and other windows. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Restore to restore any backup files you may have.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for reply and info. I did both of your suggestions but still no workspace shows up.

Yes my workspace name did show in the upper right hand corner so per your suggestion I right clicked the window task bar on the top. But it didn't work so I had to go to File then Workspaces then Close Workspace to get rid of my workspace name in upper right hand corner.

What did I do wrong? Please help. Still no workspace shows up. Pls. remember I did uninstall and reinstall Ninjatrader.

Comment

Hello stocksrus411,

Did you see charts and other windows in the Windows task bar when you saw the workspace name in the Control Center header? If not, unfortunately the workspace was saved without your charts and other windows.

Please note that right clicking NinjaTrader in the Windows task bar to shut it down is not a solution but a cause.

If you do not have a backup file, do you have a Windows system restore point from before the issue occurred? If so, please perform the system restore and check if you have your workspace back again. More information can be found at the link below.
        Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

If there is no Windows system restore point, unfortunately I can only suggest to rebuild the workspace.

Uninstalling NinjaTrader from Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features will not remove your workspaces. Workspaces are saved under Documents-->NinjaTrader 7. This folder is not deleted when you uninstall NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi,

Now I can't even open up a "New Workspace." When I try to open a new Workspace, it doesn't pop up. I can't see it anywhere on the screen. What could be the problem?

Comment

This is as expected. A blank new workspace opens up when you select 'New Workspace', so you only see the Control Center. Subsequently you can create charts and other windows. To save the charts and other windows in this new workspace, you would go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification. Also couple of more questions (sorry newbie to this):

1. When exiting Ninjatrader which is better - clicking on the X on the top right hand corner (windows tab) or clicking File then Exit?

2. When clicking File then Exit, I get a pop up that says Do you want to save workspace"..."? What should I click if I want to save changes - Yes or Yes to All, and if I don't want to save changes - No or No to All?

Thank you again for answering my newbie questions.

Comment

No worries, glad to help out.

1. You can use both ways to shut down NinjaTrader. One is not better than the other.

2. Correct. If you made changes to your workspace and like to save those, please select Yes. If you do not want these changes to be saved, please click No. The workspace is then saved in the same way it was saved prior.

Comment

Hi,

Once again thank you for all your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin