The Dreaded 'HungApp'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dreaded 'HungApp'

For the past several days I get a 'HungApp' error when ES ETH 'shifts' to ES RTH at or around 6:30 AM PT. If I close down and reboot NT7 (the most current version), I will be able to get the expected data flow within 1 to 15 minutes, i.e., there is no longer a 'HungApp' problem.

This does not occur when I originally boot up with NT8.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files

Hello ljyoung,

Thank you for your post,

This is usually an indication the workspace is too CPU-intensive for your PC. I suggest applying our Performance Tips to your workspace, as they will be able to improve the behavior you're seeing.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ance_tips2.htm

Some users experience issues like this when the markets are volatile The below forum post covers some items you can address in your workspace help out.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...85&postcount=6

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Have been down the 'optimizing' pathway before and in fact many of the tips NT provides were already in play. Will add a few more and see what happens.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

If issues come up again, as a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Shut down NinjaTrader

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces

Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.
        If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

We look forward to assisting further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        172 responses