Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning NT7 up for max speed

Hi,

I'd like to ask you about certain technical parameters in connectors for optimizing the whole performance in NT7 with a live strategy ( data receiving, strategy processing and orders submitting ) through a fast connection to Interactive Brokers.

1. Since Gateway is lighter than TWS, would it gain some speed even if it's little ?

2. The parameters of Gateway and TWS is:

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\javaw.exe -cp jts.jar;total.2012.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dswing.boldMetal=false -Dsun.locale.formatasdefault=true -Xmx768M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M ibgateway.GWClient C:\Jts

So, given my hardware, please let me know what is the best parameters that I can set for optimal performance in either of above connections.

My hardware-Software for this purpose is:
    Processor: Intel Core i7-5500U @ 2.40 GHz
    Ram: 8GG
    Java: 8.121
    Internet ISP: Speed 15MG, Latency 62 MS, Latency to IB server 90 MS

I'll leave here two notes that I've found in regards to this matter, please confirm or deny:

a) For users running TWS with a 64 bit version of Java, the MINIMUM memory for the heap size is 384 MB, and for the permanent generation space is 192 MB.

b) Starting with Java 8, the XX:MaxPermSize parameter has been deprecated. When running TWS with Java 8, the XX:MaxPermSize parameter will be ignored at runtime if present; this parameter could be simply omitted from the start-up script.

3. Sooner or later I'll have to migrate to NT8 which it 'll make me to change all my scripts besides other checks I must do first to use it. What is the TWS or Gateway version optimal for NT8 ( speed and stability )

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by pstrusi; 03-03-2017, 11:22 AM.

Hello pstrusi, and thank you for your questions. While we can only answer questions regarding NinjaTrader, I can say from the numbers you have provided that the specifications we outline here,

Originally posted by http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/minimum_system_requirements.htm

Minimum PC Requirements

Your PC must meet the minimum requirements listed below to run NinjaTrader 8

Windows Vista (SP2) w/ Platform Update, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 w/ Platform Update, Windows Server 2008 R2 or later

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit or 64-bit processor
    • 2GB RAM
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
    • (pre-installed on most PC’s and can be downloaded here: Microsoft .NET Framework)
    • Screen resolution of 1024 x 768
    • DirectX10 compatible graphics card highly recommended

Recommended PC Specifications

NinjaTrader 8 was designed to take full advantage of modern PC architecture. To achieve the highest possible level of performance, NinjaTrader 8 will utilize all available CPU cores and additional memory resources. Depending on your actual usage with NinjaTrader, you may need more or less resources than the average user. Additional memory will be of direct benefit when running strategy optimizations, and the amount of additional memory needed is proportional to the number of CPU cores available.

• 2 (GHz) or faster quad core 64-bit processor
    • 8 GB RAM
    • DirectX 10 compatible graphics card
    • SSD Hard Drive
    These are more stringent requirements than the ones you mentioned in your post. That is, if you have a system that meets NinjaTrader's requirements, it definitely meets Gateway and TWS requirements as well. Ninja's requirements were set with typical use cases in mind, including users installing Gateway and TWS on their systems, and so these requirements will cover these use cases.

We have not noticed any significant speed or performance differences between Gateway and TWS with respect to its use of the adapter into NinjaTrader.

I am providing some publicly available links to Interactive Broker's and Java's support pages. These are good resources for your boldface questions.

Interactive Brokers Customer Service contact and mailing information and erroneous trade policy

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rhubear
    by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
    8 responses