Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center Mouse Button

Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve been trying to enter Stop Buy Orders and Stop Orders using my center mouse button in the Dome. I have also try with the CTRL key but no luck. If I move the scroll button up or down the dome move up or down

I’ve also tried the right mouse button on the Dome to go to the Breakout and Fade section and that doesn’t seen to work either.

I’ve gone to my Control Panel and changed the mouse setting for the center button but not luck it didn’t work either.

I’ve just started using you program: I’m using version 4.0.31 on a Pats System, in both modes; simulation and Live

I’m running Window 2000 and a Window XP, on the Window XP machine, it works Ok.

I was using a new Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse, with IntelliPoint V5 for the software.

I though that it may be the mouse so I just changed it to a Logitech Click Wireless mouse, with software, MouseWare V 9.76, but that still doesn’t help. This mouse even has a extra programmable buttom.

I have never had any problems with my mouse in any other programs.

So any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks CashFlow

imported post

Have you tried pressing down (clicking) the scroll wheel?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Are you serious

Thanks for the help

Comment

imported post

Yes. In your message, you did not indicate that you have tried that. No offense intended. Since now I assume you have tried that then the problem lies in your scroll wheel press down assignment which must be changed in either the Windows Control Panel mouse set up or software provided by the mouse manufacturer.

Comment

imported post

Thanks Head Ninja

I've tried to change all the setting, in the control panel.

I've now tried three mice and it still doesn't work.

But it work Ok on my other machine

It look like the only option that I have at this time is to change machines.

Not a good idea, that is time of year with Santa coming in only 9 days.

Comment

imported post

That is surpring that 3 mice have not provided you some form of success. I know a standard MS Optical mouse installs with scroll wheel click assigned as a middle click as default.

Ray

Comment

imported post

I'm not sure what the problem is. It may be Windows 2000, Ninja Trader, the mouse orthe software.But after three (Well four Now)of them well. I don't think that it the mouse. As far as I know the Ninja is the only software, that doesn't work with my setup.

So you ask what's a girl suppose to do, well.

I removed all Mouse related software items, reinstalling only one mouse software package.That didn't work.

I went to the back of my computer Windows 2000, and on the mouse there was a extra connection to convert USB to the old mouse port. Removed and connected directly to the USB port. Didn't make any difference. Manual for that mouse wants the connector installed

I removed the mouse from the machine that works will Ninja, the Windows XP one, and tried it on the Windows 2000 machine and it doesn't work there either. So I don't think that its the mouse

The mice that I've tried are:

HP Wireless keyboard and Optical mouse. (Microsoft) ~ Purchased Oct 2004

Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse, Intellipoint V5 Software ~ Feb 2004

Logitech Cordless Click mouse ~ July 2004 -Now installed.

Logitech Cordless Wheel Mouse ~ Sept 1999

Update to the lastest Driver and Software for the mouse. didn't help.

All of these mouse are wireless. I've been using, wireless for to long to everygo back to a standard one. I will have to remove the ninja before Ilose my wireless mouse.

Looks like I'm running out of options.

Uninstall the Ninja, only use some ofit's functions orChange Computers.

P.S. If you have a set of hidden function keys that would help please pass them along

CashFlow

Comment

imported post

I don't know what to tell you. No one else has this problem and those who had problem were able to resolve them with the guidance I have provided so this must be something new. I have both MS and Logitech wireless mouse. In Logitech's Set Point mouse set up application, I have the middle button (highlights scroll wheel) set to "Other" and it works just fine.

Comment

imported post

So do I, the only difference is that my doesn't work :?

Thanks for trying.....

Comment

I just joined this forum and noticed this post. I know it dates back to 2004, but I thought it was still worth replying.

I had the same problem with the Microsoft Mouse and found the following solution. I went to the Mouse control panel and assigned "Middle-click" to the "Wheel button" and I could then set stop limit orders.

Hope that helps someone else.

Bernhard

Comment

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for your post. Much appreciated.

Vince
                      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ScottWalsh  
                      Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                      2 responses